Mommys that breastfeed b4 i have ?"s

edited April 2011 in Breastfeeding
Ok ib want to breastfeed but i heard it makes ur boobs sag nd squchie ...also is it ok just to pump milk instead of letting him latch one ..

Comments

• I have breastfed 2 of my kids and my boobs don't sag. Lol. Yeah you pump instead of latching on. Nothing wrong with that.
  • I think that if you are going to get baggy boobs you just will - breastfeeding or not. My sister didn't (to try to preserve her boobies) and i did for 13 months and i have nicer boobs by far Haha
  • And by baggy i meant saggy - silly phone :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh ok i want to breastfeed but i really dont like ther thought of a my baby sucking my nipples seem weird nd just wrong lol but i like the benifets of breastmilk so rather try pumping
  • It may seem weird at first, but baby doesn't suck the same, and the hormones that your body releases during breastfeeding give you a completely different emotion than your SO does. I breastfed for a year, and six months later, my boobs were exactly like they were prepregnancy! Also, pumping will not get your milk in the way baby does. I say try it for a few weeks first, and if it still doesn't seem like its for you, pump until you dry up.
  • I'm a first time momma due in sept and I am planning on breast feeding too, however I don't know many people who have and I had TONS of questions lol! I applied for wic and qualified and they have a breast feeding counsler they put me in touch with. She has 4 kids and experience and she talks with me often about what to expect. There's a class they offer that she suggested and after baby comes she will check in with me and be available all the time by phone for support/questions. Knowing I have michelle has helped but my mind at ease :) hope this helps..just know your not alone! Good luck momma :)
  • I breastfed my daughter for 2 1/2 years. My boobs dont sag. Then again i didnt have any to begin with. If you breastfeed, you get skinny really really fast because it stimulates your uterus to return to its normal size. Im a big fan of being a hot mom, with or without a rack. Theyre just boobs people, they feed babies, not stupid grown up men. If you worry about what a man thinks you will end up with a really shakey relationship. Worry about your babies.
  • @cheri_must_riot@ oh I don't care what my man say if my boobe sag or not I just don't want to be wearing a a swin suit or something n feel bad or look like a old lady. Lol...n also so it is true u lose weight fast?? Even if u get a c section?
  • Thanks @momtob@ ill look into that at my local wic office
  • Pregnancy ruins your boobs not breast feeding.
  • Thats what I heard 2..its pregnancy not bf
  • @beaded_bunny is right. They have actually done studies that show that breast feeding does not cause your breast to sag but the pregnancy itself. They based their research on both women who did and women who didn't and found both experienced sagging. Its cuz your breast grow so much during pregnancy. A positive thing about breastfeeding is that its so convenient. You don't ever have to worry about packing bottles and its nice just to feed infant next to you in bed in the wee Hrs of the night instead of walking to the kitchen to make formula.
  • I breastfed my last son for 14 months I have DD boobs that do not sag and I'm 35 now.There are excercises you can do to give your boobs a lift. I also tried breastfeeding with my first 2 sons and was unsuccessful. The first time I was pumping and got pregnant so my milk dried up and my second son hated it.Breastfeeding isn't for everyone it's definitely worth a good try but don't feel bad if its just not for You
  • @angieface@ so if u pump only does ur milk dry up...I have 2 kids n plus this one n its gonna be my last so I decieded to try breastfeeding ...I really. Want to be able to experience bf but kinda nervous bout it
  • edited April 2011
    @Babyluv_3
    I personally think its best to pump and breastfeed. That's what I'm going to do this time. My last son never had a bottle in his mouth it was pretty hard on me i couldnt do anything for 14 months and he had bad seperation anxiety .This time I have to work rite after the baby is born.So I'm going to pump to and let my boyfriend and kids help out. Also I'm pretty sure my milk dried up because I got pregnant. Also don't give up rite away
    it can be frustrating but is definitely worth it.