How did you tell your fam?

edited March 2011 in First time moms
So just out of curiosity how did everyone tell their parents they were pregnant,

I waited till I was 12 weeks and home to tell in person we bought little booties and for his fam he just set them on the counter and when his mom saw new right away and was way to excited lol, I raped them in a present (this was x-mas time) so when my dad and step mom opened it it took them like 5 mins to figer out what we were trying to say it was awesome.

Comments

• Awwww cute ! I told my mom when she was crying at my college graduation lol so I had perfect timing
  • I hadn't planned on telling until 12 weeks and then I was talking to my Mom and she tells me she's planning a trip to Europe in November. Mind you, she just got back from Thailand and the Islands. So, I was trying to convince her not to go and she was like what's wrong with you? Why can't I go? I was like DAMN! I'm pregnant and due in November. Aaaargh! She was giddy and started laughing at me cuz I was all annoyed. It's her first grandchild so she definitely changed her travel plans. :>
  • Lol good stories told mine on my birthday. They had a bbq at there house and just told them my husband and I were pregnant. My mom turned to my husband and said that's a miracle can I see your tummy lol. It was cute.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I told my family right before they left to work and school! I told them the day I found out! I told my boyfriend right away before he went to college!lucky me I had off that I was crying and then very happy<3
  • We haven't told yet. Just found out. Im probably only 5-6w now. Have an appt tomorrow. We plan on telling my parents after easter (if we tell then before there is no way they can keep that secret with family around at the easter get together!) Then a weeks later we're going to tell his parents then siblings & grandparents. Then we probably text friends and post on facebook. Our idea for the parents is to get a picture frame (gma/gpa) with either ultra sound pic if we have one by then other wise a pic of our 3 positive tests! Its so hard not to tell ppl! This whole experience is so surreal! Our bundle of joy will be the first grand child and great grand child on both sides!
  • We haven't told yet. Just found out. Im probably only 5-6w now. Have an appt tomorrow. We plan on telling my parents after easter (if we tell then before there is no way they can keep that secret with family around at the easter get together!) Then a weeks later we're going to tell his parents then siblings & grandparents. Then we probably text friends and post on facebook. our idea for the parents is to get a picture frame (gma/gpa) with either ultra sound pic if we have one by then other wise a pic of our 3 positive tests! Its so hard not to tell ppl! This whole experience is so surreal! Our bundle of joy will be the first grand child and great grand child on both sides!
  • We bought coffee mugs (our parents are major coffee drinkers) from Hallmark that say "my favorite people call me grandma" and "I love my grandkids" and just gave them to them as gifts. My mom got it right away and started crying, but his dad just starred at it forever, shocked, I think.
  • When my husband and I found out we were going to try to keep it quiet till I was out of the first trimester but when we confirmed I said there is no way I can keep my mouth shut cause I was told it would be hard for me to conceive. Well we just got married in Dec and for a gag wedding gift we got a sippy cup with our favorite college team on it saying number 1 smallest fan. Well we went to meet his mom dad and brother at his dads office to go to dinner that night and I took the sippy cup out . No one saw me do it except his brother and I couldn't help but laugh at his facial expression and then his mom finally saw it and she said " are you trying to tell me something" lol. His dad I don't think got it till a lil later or he was just in shock cause he didn't say much but they are very excited.