Piercings!! Need help pls!!

edited April 2011 in July 2011
Is it okay to get piercings while pregnant? I want to get one in my tongue im 24 weeks preggo and dnt noe if its okay!!!

Comments

• I wouldn't.. I would wait..that can get infected sooooooo easily.. I had mine done n decided to take it out .. The infection can b spread to ur child
  • edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank uu so much ladies I guess iam goin to wait dnt want to put my bby at risk!
  • My doctor said not to because the shock when your getting it done can put your baby into destress. I would definatly wait=)
  • I've had my tongue done for 3 years and was going to get my snake bites redone when I found out the gender and have like either baby pink or baby blue studs but I found out at labor, they make u take your jewelry out (at least here) and sense she's coming in 3 months, they'd just close up. So I'm waiting too. :) congrats.
  • I wouldn't do it because I've had my tongue pierced going on two years and I'm 26 weeks and it's starting to swell constantly so I take it out. My dr. said more then likely it's because I have more blood circulating in my body due to the pregnancy!
  • @soniia i got mine done when i was 7 and half months pregnant with my first . i got it done for my 18th birthday but i had to wear a really big coat and keep it in order for them to do it cause if they know your preggo they wont do it . i got my eyebrow and nose done all at the same time . but make sure you clean them everyday so they dont get infected .
  • @Soniia I have multiple piercings all over my body and every time I get one I either almost pass out or do. Body piercings shock your body and piercing your tongue can really mess you up, up to death if they hit the wrong nerve. It actually talks about that when you sign the disclaimer, Besides that, they could make you take it out during delivery which would SUCK so I'd wait :)
  • I wouldn't do it because I've had my tongue pierced going on two years and I'm 26 weeks and it's starting to swell constantly so I take it out. My dr. said more then likely it's because I have more blood circulating in my body due to the pregnancy!
  • I am 27wks pregnant and I've also been a professional body piercer for nearly 8years. Legally we are not allowed to pierce you it puts you and the shop at too high risk. Such as you going into shock or getting a infection. Though both are unlikely if you go somewhere clean why risk it?... plus I have my tongue pierced multiple times and I turn into a hugeeee crab because I can't eat while there healing. Isn't being a prego all about getting away with eating for 2. ;) if you have any more questions about piercings don't hesitate to ask girll.
  • I got my tongue pierced last year and I couldn't hardly eat for a week. My bf didn't want me to have it so I ended up taking it out a few months later. Also, if you have to have a c-section your doc might make you take it out and it'll probably close. I would just wait until after the baby gets here.
  • Its bad because it causes a temporary shock to the body you can go into labor early. The only reason I know this is I work in a tattoo shop
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm waiting to get work done. I was going to get my wedding ring tattooed on (green Celtic knot :D ) but I found out I was preggo before I was able to afford it. My gauges are acting up really bad actually. I've noticed my nose ring is A LOT stinkier too :(