trying answers please

edited February 2011 in Trying to conceive
Hi ladies I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year now and we are trying to conceive I was on the depo shot for about a year n have been off of it since august we have been trying and nothing how long does it usually take if you were on the shot. He is also diabetic could that be the problem?

Comments

• My guy friend is diabetic and doesn't produce anything for reproductive purposes this was due to a transplant he had other wise just be patient
  • My sis in law was on depo for two years she got off when she was 16 or 17 she didn't get pregnant til she was almost 22 I have a lot of friends that were on depo n couldn't get pregnant easy after they stopped taking it. Good luck!
  • Read all the depo stuff on the net. I found the earliest ppl fell pregnant was 1year but 18 months was more common :( me n my partner have been talking about babies for a long time so we decided when we found this out, to stop using it ASAP. I've had the rod in for 6 months so I hope the depo isn't still affecting me cause ill have about 4or so months to wait!
  • *sorry I jst had the rod taken out because were trying
  • Thanks for your advice we will keep trying hope it happens soon it will be our first baby for the both of us
  • Does he have Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes?
  • I was on the depo shot for almost a yeae when I was 16. Since then I've never used protection, not that I've slept with a whole lot of people. But I'm 22 and just now pregnant.
  • so it took you 6 years to get pregnant without using protection
  • I was on deposit for three years, I was off it for less then a year and my periods started up again. We were not trying to get pregnant but a few years later, well here I am. :)
  • It just might be a little of both...
    The Depo shot is known for making it hard to conceive but also with your boyfriend having Type 2 diabetes doesn't help either.
  • Basucally. I feel that it was due to the shot. Nobody ever told me so, but its my assumption.
  • Is there anything I can try to get pregnant?
  • I googled everything... just good old fashion sex. Try not to get up afterwards, that's the only thing different I did.
  • Thanx for your advice apreciate it :)