Any body having TWINS??

edited April 2011 in November 2011
I just found out im having twins!!! Im so excited but nervous... any tips on how to keep them both healthy and both alive??

Comments

• Lots of water, lots of rest, & relax. :) being pregnant with twins isn't that much different from being pregnant with a single. Just listen to your body, & you'll be fine. My twins are almost 10 now, they def make life interesting! Congrats & enjoy! :)
  • Losing 1or both twins or having them early I'm finding out is the exception to the rule not the rule. Keep the stress level low cuz ur hormones will b twice as bad as if u was having 1. I used to sit up all night & cry over the dumbest things. Don't baby urself to much @ 1st cuz u will b sick of it by the end of everything. My story is NOT by any means the norm with twins. I had extremely high stress. I have one of my handsome little boys & he is perfectly happy & healthy.
  • That is soo good to hear!! I'm just soo nervous because my friends keep saying its so hard to keep twins alive in the womb. I have a long way to go still... but I keep telling myself... God gave me these babies I will be ok!! Thanx yall
  • How far along are you? I'm 16 wks pregnant with twins.
  • Its really not, those that usually lose one or both have an underlying prob, its not just because they're carrying twins. Twins run in my family, & only one was been lost, but that was due to a horrible car wreck. The only serious prob with twins is when one takes all most of the nutrients & stuff like that. Its a twin to twin syndrome, but I can't remember the exact name right now, but its not very common. Smile & enjoy, the worst thing to do is stress abt all the what ifs & maybes.
  • Im 18wks with fraternal twin boys... Just take it easy and yes, listen to your body.. Get lots of rest. And dont over induldge in food.. Ive already gained 27lbs lol... :( but none the less enjoy your pregnancy, dont listen to everybody you can keep twins alive in the womb you just gotta be careful.. :) Happy Pregnancy..

p.s- is it me or is there not enough convos on multiples pregnancys? Lol
  • The best kinda twins are fraternal... They have 2 placentas. Making each baby get the equal amount of nutrients an such as the other.. The downfall in mine is I have placenta previa which isnt technically horrible just gotta listen to the dr. :)
  • I think there should be a category for twins/multiples! I requested one but the moderators are too busy deleting people I guess.
  • I think there is one, I felt out of place because mine are 10 now. Just habit to look for it. :)
  • Oops, I could have sworn there was one. Sorry!
  • @kriss82001 I can't find it. It must be hidden really well. :-|
  • @melissansteve they keep changing the app, so there's no telling what may or may not be on here anymore.
  • I went to 38 weeks with my twin girls. They'll be 1 on the 16th. You just need to eat healthy plenty of water & rest. You gotta keep you healthy as well.
  • Yea I couldnt find a convo about twins but i had to ask lol... im only 10 weeks along thats why im nervous... but it sounds like all of yall are doing great!!! So now i can worry less!! :)
  • I been lookin 4 a twin category, its not 1. I never heard of it bein hard to keep them both, now u have me fearful cuz I'm 14wks n I don't eat. As bad as I try I just can't
  • Im 11 weeks with fraternal twins. Sickness is still really bad. I hope it ends soon. Im on bedrest because of vaginal bleeding but so far ultrasounds show my babies are fine.
  • I can't eat that much either.... and I don't like veggies milk or fruits.... Idk what ima do...@ Gen86 I hope u get better!!!
  • I'm having twin boys and I'm 25 weeks and 2 days I'm so excited I only had severe vomiting from week 11 to week 23
  • @ firstbebe, thanks, hopes this ends soon! I know most twin mommies get I really bad, good luck to all :)