No appetite

edited April 2011 in Second Trimester
My first trimester was awful. I couldn't stand the smell of so many different foods, but I still had my appetite. Now mind you,i am a plus sized girl, I can put away some food. LOL last time I went to the doctor I lost 6lbs! Frankly, I was excited. Then I caught the stomach flu for 3 days and couldnt eat a thing. After going to the hospital and getting meds and an IV, I feel a lot better. But, I lost my appetite. Now I could eat half a piece of bread and feel like I ate at a buffet. I guess it is good for ME, not so good for my little baby. I dont have another doctors appt for 3 weeks. Help!!

Comments

• I'm the exact same way. I'm just not eattin a can of soup cause I wad forced too! I have no urge to eat. I also know its really bad cuz I have twins. I bought ensure to give me some supplements but I know I need food
  • edited April 2011
    A lot of people lose their appetite. I am sorry. For a few weeks I didn't want to eat or drink because it either made me nausous or gave me an acidic stomach and heart burn. I had to go to the grocery store and slowly browse each and every aisle, trying to find something that looked good, imagining the texture and taste to see if I maybe wanted to eat it.

If you can find a few items you can get down, stick with it, girl. I would find something and eat it so often that it would make me gag. Believe you me that I am done with Nutrigrain bars for a hot minute! But they sure were a life saver for about a week and a half.

Make sure you are taking your prenatals so you are getting a little help with nutrients.
  • I didn't have much of an appetite either, and still don't at 26 weeks and I was drinkin 1 to 3 ensures a day just for the vitamins and good things in it. The pharmacist I work with told me thats good because it's like eating 1 to 3 good balanced meals, but of course always ask your doctor!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think im going to invest in some ensures asap! I cant even handle prenatal vitamins, they make me more sick than morning sickness ever did! Thank god for disney princess gummy vitamins LOL.