Nesting Stage

edited February 2011 in June 2011
Iz any1 goin thru wat dea call da nesting stages n if so how r yu dealn wit it?

Comments

• I'm constantly looking at her clothes and folding them, getting the diaper bag ready for the big day and making lists of what we need to get
  • I'm wondering when this stage will start for me! I haven't packed anything in my hospital bag and I still have a few bits to get! Lol hope I motivate myself to start soon. :-)
  • I haven't packed a bag either..I think I'm still nervous...like something bad will happen if I get too excited...I will wait till 28wks (around 7 months) so I can be more confident..I know it sounds silly but I feel like ill "jinx" myself :( (I'm 24wks today)
  • I keep folding her clothes looking at it I got her diapers ready bottles binkys lol im due this saturday Im getting a pink hello kitty bag to pack lol
  • Im nesting for sure! I cnt stop cleaning house n disinfecting it. I use a dish n wash it right after I keep getting rid of old stuff to make room for her stuff. Im 8mo on sat n only have one blanket for her. Hopefully I get what she needs before my due date im worried. Im on a tight budget n hate asking my mother for help! But yes im nesting I clean n organize everyday n night!
  • I'm 34 weeks on wednesday and my first baby was early so I should get a move on. :-)
  • My bf is nesting, does that count? I'm only 14 weeks, & I've done this before so I know I have plenty of time, but it's his first. It's hilarious to watch him go crazy cleaning the house!
  • Ahh man I wish I could nest! I'm 28wks but I work full time and go to school so I just day dream about going through the closets and dusting! LOL
  • @mommy2audrey I feel the same way! I work full time and when I get.home im just too damn tired to even think of cleaning!
  • I'm 31 weeks && going through it now well since last night. I had this overwhelming energy to clean & make room for baby...
  • im 29 weeks and ive been nesting since i was 24 weeks and it has not stoped! all my babys clothes is washed and folded and organized by months! the babys hospital bag is packed and the car seat is in the car! all i ave left is my hospital bag
  • Ive started but kno that ill be in its after my shower next weekend
  • I'm 32 weeks and haven't packed my bags yet, I'm superstitious lol (if I pack early he will be late lol). I have been nesting though. In the past week I cleaned out the fridge and cupboards and vacuumed every nook and cranny. I can't stop going thru his room and his clothes :)
  • yes !! its so annoying at times !!! i cleaned my whole kitchen last night at 730 then did my room and now i have nothing to do today !!! hmm ... any ideas ?
  • I nest off and on it's funny.... :)
  • @kenziesmom216 I need ideas myself. :)
  • Due in 12 days and nothing not even washed any baby clothing kinda makes me feel bad.
  • I can't wait to get a serious urge to nest so I can clean out our storage unit!! I have done all his new laundry though, redecorated the nursery, organized clothes by sizes, put everything from baby showers away, etc.
  • @veteranswife you better get to washing. What you waiting for? Lol @blissmarie23 When are you due? I still have to wash her clothes and my baby shower isn't until May 14 so ill wash them after my shower. June 1 needs to hurry up. @ghettobetty You sound like me. One day im a cleaning maniac and then the next im lazy as ever. @onemoreontheway You due around June 1? That's my c-sectn date. Im all packed and ready. I get so bored that I sit and unpack her bag and switch the clothes that I out in there. Do you ladies clean so much that when you do try and clean your like what am I cleaning because its nothing dirty?
  • That's what I been thinking lol. All I really have to do is toss them in the washer. I just don't know why I don't feel like it.
  • @veteranswife you'll do it eventually im sure. Take your time but not too much time. Lol
  • I have some things now but I'm waiting till after the shower to buy the rest... I already have a crib n I want that put together at the beginning of may idk when this lil guy will come I just hope he waits till after the shower which is may 14th n I'm due on the 30th which I think is not enough time... waiting on the baby seems forever but I feel like I don't have enough time to buy :/
  • Im due May 31st. I usually just wash them when I get them because I have a toddler. It just seemed easier. I just did the last load (since I had my last baby shower yesterday) last night.
  • @Kcoolzchic we are being induced with pitocin that day. I would love to pack his bag but I know I would be switching the stuff in it daily too lol. Yes I love cleaning my clean house too lol.
  • I've had the nesting bug for the last two months and I'm 22 weeks. Its worse b/ c I'm supposed to be moving soon and we have lived here for 4 years and have accumulated a lot of stuff.so I've cleaned out and gotten rid of tons and tons of stuff. .its frustrating though because no matter how much I clean and pack what I want to do is unpack and set everything up. I can't do that til we move. I want to start on her nursery so bad but I have to wait!
  • Plus I'm doing all of it on my own b/c my boyfriend hurt himself and is on crutches so he can't life anything or do much. I'm going to have to have my family come move out stuff when the time comes b/c neither us can lift much weight.
  • @onemoreontheway our babies are going to share the same birthday :) I just got through cleaning the bathroom which I cleaned yesterday...Lol The joys of motherhood
  • @kcoolzchic do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? Lol I think I could clean the bathroom all day and still feel the need to clean it tomorrow. :)
  • @onemoreontheway im having a girl and im glad. I have a son that is 2. So I have my boy and now my girl and im happy with my set. I want my tubes tied but my doctor doesn't want to do it because she said im to young and I might decide to have more babies. Im 25, soon to be mommy of 2 kids, and a fulltime student. I don't want anymore and im 101% sure of that. :)
  • @kcoolzchic you are lucky lol! I have a son who turns 2 on April 26th, when I found out I was pregnant I prayed for a girl everyday so I would have just one of each lol. We are definitely having another boy :). I'm 24 and a student/stay at home mom, but I still might be tempted to try for a girl in a couple years, however my husband is already saying no lol. I should count my blessings bc he wanted our first son to be an only child :)