Tanning bed?

edited February 2011 in Health
I've seen a post on here about tanning before but haven't been able to find it again to check out the feedback and now I'm curious. I don't tan and haven't in many, many years. I'm not looking for opinions, but FACTS about how/if tanning @ any point of pregnancy TRULY affects the baby? Thanks to anyone who is knowledgeable on this topic :)

Comments

• Tanning is a no-no for the same reason as hot tubs, saunas etc. Anything that raises your body temperature above 102'F isn't safe.
  • Like she said the reason not to is bc you don't want to increase your internal temp. There are new beds that have built in a/c so you don't overheat. But most salons wont let you tan anyway. Another option is getting an airbrush tan. Not the automatic Booth that turns you orange. I had a live person airbrush tan me, so no chemicals in your face! Plus they make a custom color for your skin tone. I think I paid like 20 or 25$. A cooky lady did it, but she was pretty hilarious and I was very comfortable. :) hope this helps!
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Dont know how true it is but Ive heard that tanning during pregnancy can cause your baby to be blind due to the ultra violet rays.