i am 13 weeks and have ultrasound tomorrow

edited April 2011 in First Trimester
I kn with my little boy I found out early he was a boy but I can't remember how early with Medicaid u only get three ultrasounds so my first on is tomorrow. I wonder if they can tell the sex? ? Because if not I have to wait till 6mos I don't want to wait .... :) anyone find out early and when thanx alot

Comments

• i went into a gender ultrasound clinic in my area @ 17 weeks & 2 days & the u/s tech said my baby was WAY TOO SMALL to get gender then... dr's dont normally like to do them until after 18 or 22 weeks.. as a safe answering technique.. lol because anytime sooner they can be wrong.. idk im going back tuesday to the gender ultrasound clinic to find out & im 18 weeks 4 days today... but good luck! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wow Medicaid only gives u 3 u/s???what state do u live in I have been on medicaid since december and have had about 9 ultrasounds....unless ur doctor is really good or it's a 3 or 4 d u/s they probably can't tell at 12 weeks according to my books the child's parts start to come noticable but I didnt find out till 17 I knew ahead of time because of intelligender but that is only 80% accurate...u might want to wait
  • In England u can't find out till 2nd u/s at 20weeks...
  • i live in MI & i only get 2 ultrasounds & i have VERY good insurance... but dr's office said that normally insurance companies only allow 2 ultrasounds.. if you get more, there has to be a medical reason for needing it.. but the nurst told me that normally dr's just bs a medical reason so that mommy's can get more ultrasounds lol..
  • @preggointex in live in Texas its a new deal with Medicaid as of sept butmy doc is going to give me one next month for free to see the sex because they couldn't tell for sure
  • @new mommy thanks
  • @preggointex yea with my son two yrs ago I got one everytime I went to the doc so im kinda disappointed :)
  • @suzy u might need to get a new doctor because he might not just want to do it
  • @preggointx no I goggled it its a real change I alls called around about another doc because I thought the same thing but nope its a Medicaid rule unless you have a medical reason
  • @suzy wow well I hope it doesn't affect my doctor because I've had three times that already and have another on the 26th
  • Well I don't kn some people say some docs are doing it anyway :) but I have kinda old school doc he's a family friend. And he delivered my son so im kinda stuck with him lol
  • I found out with all 3 kids at 12 weeks and they all where right so its very possible with an experienced tech I go the 26th and am hoping to find out then
  • I went she said she didn't want to say for sure but possible girl woo hop I already have a boy I go back the 15th