why do you want to know everything first!!!!!!! its not your baby!!!

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
So my husband is in the army. I have a SIL who i love and care about but she wants to know everythin first than my husband. When i first found out i was prego, she wad like better call me first, i need to be the first one to know. Ahh i dont think so lady. This aint your baby! Then i find out what i am having on april 20 and she wants me to postpone to when she is not working so she can go. Ahh no! My husband WILL be the first one to know regardless if he is not here! I dont know, she just gets on my nerves about being the first one to know and if not throws a fit about. I dont care if your mad, its not your baby and you didnt make it! so i am going alone on my ultra sound and she is not coming. Sorry, may have been kibda harsh.

Comments

• Not harsh, is she honestly excited for you both, or hoping to spill the beans to everyone first?
  • she shouldnt try to know things before your hubby. everyone else yea maybe but not him.
  • Have you told her how you feel? I think sometimes people get excited ya know? Maybe she is also trying to bond and become closer to you. I don't know the situation but when something bothers me I try to look at the other side and understand where they are coming from. She could just be a total nut job lol. Hope you get it figured out. I would tell her that's its bothering you. Or just stop telling her when you're doing stuff lol good luck
  • do you think she has negative intentions or that she is just going out of her way to be nice because she knows he cant be here?
  • @jaime77, she is excited but she just feels like she HAS to be the first one to know so she can brag about later. Like "yeap, i was the first one. She told me first" its annoying.
  • @newmommy17, she lives like 30 mins away from me. She just wants to brag that yeap i told her first and no one else. Annoying ya think.
  • yeah, if shes doing it for that then its annoying!
  • @steeny, ive tried. Yes she is excitrd and im glad she is trying to take part but taking away a special moment my husband has been waiting for upsets him. She was tje first to find out when i got preggo, which my husband was ok with sorta upset but he got over it. Now he says, this is our moment, our baby our life and family. I need to be the first one to know. I agree and understand fully what he meens. I tried telking her but only gets her upset but oh well, she is getting very bothersome. And some days when she is over to see me, she doesnt talk to me at all but use the darn net.
  • Sound like some sibling rivalry bs.
  • @newmommy17, i know. She has always been doing that. I mean i love her as a real sister but gosh, you gotta quit nagging me over my appt.
  • @bigdaddy, really? She is my sister in law. Im glad i know i can count in her but it gets annoying when a person just keeps nagging you over who is first.
  • His sister.... she has to beat him at things....be first at things
  • Yeah that's highly annoying . She can be exited but needs to not be overwhelming.
  • @angie87, yes hun i agree. The news will.spill eventually after my husband finds out first.
  • @bigdaddy, ohhh! You mean his sister. Oh no, my brothers wife. Hehe sorry.
  • you couls try being like you can be the first to know after i tell my hubbie she should understand that but id try and put her in her place whats next her wanting to be the first to hold ur baby once he/she is born, hope it all works out for you tho
  • @wiseccourt, me and my husband agreed to only us with the doctor and nurses. No other ppl because in my family, they get jealous. Which aggrivates me.
  • Yeah i can understand that myn wanted just us two in there but he will still be deployed so just me n my mom no one else and untill i can get ahold of him no one gets to see r son that way he is like the first even if it only a pic
  • edited April 2011
    I think they were all happy for you and excited to be the first to know so take it! And congrats!!