Kinda freakin out...

edited April 2011 in Second Trimester
Ok well im 26 wks along and for the last two days I have had this weird flash of light that I see in the corner of my right eye so I call my eye dr and tell him my symptoms and right away he tells me it sounds like I could have a detached retina.. Now I love to google so as soon as I get off the phone I look it up and quickly find out that the only way to fix this is thru surgery and that's when the nerves kick in I can't go thru surgery not now not with having to take care of 5 other ppl on a daily basis... Im so hoping it's not as serious as the dr thinks so wish me luck I have an appt on friday morning...

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that , if you can may be can be wait till after the baby is born . The best answer to this is also should consult with your Ob and or family practice as well.
  • I talked with my ob this morning and she is going to consult with my eye dr so I think everything will be ok or im atleast hoping so... Thanks
  • Usually a detached retina would be a result of some sort of trauma. Have you fallen or been hit in the eye with something lately? BTW...stay off of Google lol! You'll drive yourself nuts!!
  • my grandmother used to get something similar most of the women in my family do. she always said they were like prisms reflecting at times could make it hard to see. they were normal and didnt last long.
  • Do u have high bp? That can mess up your vision.
  • well I have had issues with blood pressure in my past pregnancies but not with this one as of yet.. This pregnancy has been quite healthy so far... @beautiful_altar, and no I haven't experienced anytype of trauma so it's quite confusing to me @booface and ok I will try to stay off google lol