Question for a nurse!

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Im 25w 6d and today ive been feeling strange crampy feelings. I had a shhoting pain felt like a cramp you get after a run in tge same spot on my right side I laid down and it seemed to ease but it just feels weird and uncomfortable, I can stil feel baby moving and I havent had any blood or anything....any idea whar this could be? Should I be worried/call my doc? Any advise would be great!!

Comments

• I tell everyone, if you have a concern you should call your dr, we don't know you or your pregnancy.

That being said it sounds like ligament stretching. How far along are you and have you felt this pain before?
  • You should just call your doctor and ask. I had pain and thought it was no big deal and it ended up being my kidneys.
  • I had this w all my preg. Drink lots and lots of water and rest. Call ur doc tho just to b safe.
  • @ammasmama im 25weeks 6days, no I havent felt that pain before while pregnant it lasted a few minutes. Like hurt to stand up straight when I sat down it relaxed, ive just started to "pop" and get bigger...do u think it could be from constipation or gas?
  • I'm sorry somehow I missed how far along in the first message! It could actually be a # of things. Ligament pain runs down the sides of your groin and is usually a sharp stabbing pain that usually goes away when you change position. It could be constipation. It could be a kidney stone or infection, or urinary tract infection.

I would say if the pain has subsided, eat something like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and lay down and see if baby moves then.

If your really worried call the dr, that's what they are there for!
  • Okay thank you!
    I still feel baby moving fairly often, the sharp pain has gone away im now laying down on the couch, its more like just uncomfortable feeling now when I move.
  • I get those pains every single time I stand up and walk! It sucks, I feel like I waddle to try to ease it :(
    Its ligament stretching with me so I'm sure thats the case with you as well! Its awful isn't it?
  • Haha yes im starting to think thats exactly what im feeling along with a little constipation pain! I feel like I shouldnt move so I dont feel it!! Lol
  • Its just 1 of the pains of being pregnant. I have found the more babies I have the more pains I have! And they seem to start sooner with each one. With this one being my 6th I probably could've known I was pregnant from the pain instead of the test! Lol
  • Hahaha wow! You have some experience! This is my first!