how long after??

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
How long after you lose your mucus plug until the baby comes? This is my third child and I just lost my plug never experianced losing it prior to this pregnancy? All advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• It varies, really. Some women lose them in small amounts until it's time to go into labor. Some who lose them all at once, have weeks left before labor starts. I think the general rule is if you lose it before 35-36 weeks, you should notify your doctor, but after that, you just wait it out until labor comes or your dog examines you at a regular appointment and tells you how close you might be.

Good luck, hun!
  • im 35weeks lost mine 5 days ago my 3rd aswell nothing yet, if u sit on the toilet n put one foot on the floor n the other on the seat u shuld be able to reach ur cervix its the bit that feels like lips n u can feel if ur dialated at all n e way all the best
  • Thanks ladies! This is the first time i've experienced this and wanted all the info I could get.. also does the mucus plug have to be tinged with blood?
  • mine wasnt it was like a greeny colour my sister whos studying to be a midwife said it cn do that I googled images, she said one with blood will still come though
  • Ok mine was like clear with a tint of yellow (tmi) sorry... but haven't had any contractions just feeling overly tired...
  • yeah, just a waiting game really my midwife said they rnt interested please dont contact them haha helpful lot , wont be long all the best