Fetal heart monitor... have I lost my mind?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
So I just rented a digital fetal heart monitor. It gets here tomorrow and despite being excited, feel like I'm losing my mind... Preggie brain?

Comments

• No I bought one off amazon for like$ 60 and I got mainly to just have a peace of mind in the early months
  • how far gone r u? these r good! i have one and it has stopped me worrying a number of times when i haven't felt bean move much but the first time i used mine i ended up listening to my own heart beat rather than beans!
    since about 20 weeks it has been far easier finding beans heart beat and once you find it for the first time yourself it will be so much easier to find in future:)
  • I'm 8w6d and haven't been able to find it yet w a belly beats Doppler yet. When did yall first hear it with the Doppler?
  • edited April 2011
    @kayleigh27 an @denois thankyou!! I just have been panicking, which normally I am the last one to freak out, and I just felt like I had to do something. Peace of mind says it all!!! :-)
  • @prayingformiracles that is where I just order mine from!!! Good question!!!
  • I can find my own hb in 2 locations but not the baby's yet. I've heard that w dopplers its between 9-10 weeks but others have said they heard it sooner? @jellybelly1015
  • @prayingformiracles the site says as early as 8-10 weeks into your pregnancy, but I know my doctor didn't find mine with their monitor till I was 11.5 weeks, so don't get discouraged, almost @ 9 weeks is still a tiny baby!!
  • they have them for around 30 bucks at Wal-Mart and other baby stores
  • I looked it up and other places say 9 weeks and beyond, but that baby can be positioned in uterus so that it makes hard to hear.
  • @preggointx that is good deal!!! But my hubby would be upset if I bought one, just another thing around the house :(
  • Rented mine for a month. Best money spent! I listen to the Baby all the time! The hubby volunteers to find it for me! :)
  • Bellybeats.com @amyduh
    They even give u a coupon so its only $20 the first month. After that its $25 a month.
  • My mom found one unused at a thrift shop. But idk when I can start using it and hear my baby. Also it has a player for my baby to hear music :) but they can't hear us til week 17?
  • Mine was from a ultrasound center called Anticipation Ultrasound. They rent them for $20.00 a month.
  • i didn't hear mine till about 14 weeks using the monitor i got! but i was overweight before i got pregnant so they say that sometimes makes it harder! when u do try and listen do it when u have a fairy full bladder i always found that made it a lot easier to find! :)
  • edited April 2011
    @denois dangit, I'm gonna have to pee the whole time lol :) thanks for the tip!!!
    @leggs2011 I don't know when they can hear... I'll have to look that one up!
    @amyduh I did digital off that site, more expensive, they still have coupon, but it calculates the heartbeat for you which I liked particularly for my preggo brain :)