TMI but its never happened to me before..

edited April 2011 in Second Trimester
As all of us experience discharge constantly all day, everyday. I wear panty liners and try to change them as often as I can. But the past few days I have had some irritation, but just where the discharge shows in my underwear/liners, has anyone experienced any irritation from it? At first I considered it chapped but it is a little bumpy/raw looking so I considered it being from the pad rubbing...I know this is a lot of tmi but does anyone else have this or had this happen?

Comments

• i did at the begining of my pregnancy well not that bad but with the discharge and all and well i went to the doc and they said it was bv its not an std or nothing i just had to take antibiotics for 5 days
  • Ive had irritation from pads but it could also be a yeast infection
  • I have discharge but isnt it normal?
  • Discharge is. Really heavy esp w odor, bumps or irritation isnt.
  • @julieluvslalo I never even thought of bv, I have my next doc. Apt. On the 27 ill have to ask my doctor about it
  • Actually, may call tomorrow lol. I'll think about it and drive myself nuts if I don't
  • If ur itchy & bumpy doen there. It could be a yeast infection. If it is try to air out ur lady parts. Wear cotton panties or maybe try not to wear a pad constantly. But also choose unscented. But its never nice to feel icky there. Hope u feel bettr soon.
  • @one5one that's what I'm trying today, I figured the constant moisture isn't good. And yeah its not nice at all and thank you :)
  • Ur welcome! Hope it clears up.
  • Yea I didn't even know what bv was but I knew something wasn't right I was going crazy too thank god my doc did an apt that same day
  • @julieluvslalo and one5one it is bv, my doctor had me come in. Thanks for your advice
  • no problem I am glad I can help :)
  • Maybe a brain fart, what is bv? I feel innocent now ;p
  • Bacteria vaginosis....i thaught I had it. I had irritation but it went away. Did your doctor do a pelvic exam?
  • Sorry wrong word. Like did tour doc have to go down there??
  • @babymoore bv is just an imbalance of bacteria. Where the bad is more than the good and creates irritation. It's common with pregnancy and can cause preterm labor
  • @babymamma18 yeah, she did a culture where they take a sample with out doing the pelvic exam I'm that irritated she could tell by just looking lol. I have antibiotics now :)