PLEASE PLEASE help (ER last night) *UPDATE*

edited April 2011 in Health
I am so scared that I am going through a miscarriage. I was feeling completely normal last night, was falling asleep but decided to get up to pee one last time. When I wiped I saw blood, wiped again and it was bright red. Looked into the toilet and saw the water was red and there was a blood clot. I started freaking out, and went into the ER. All the while I felt like the blood would not stop coming out of me, it felt like I was peeing on myself but it was blood. Very minor crampy feelings though. So they did blood work, everything normal. Pelvic exam, everything seems normal. They did an ultrasound and the baby was alive and kicking, heartbeat of 160, I'm 13 weeks. But the ER doctor really had no answer for me, he said its pretty much 50/50 that I can lose the baby and I have to wait until Monday to follow up with my obgyn. I'm still bleeding and I'm terrified. I'm praying my baby will be ok. Please help me....

*UPDATE*- I just want to thank everybody for their thoughts and prayers. It really means alot to me. God must have heard because baby is going just fine! I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and my Obgyn called me with results the next day, said the US showed a very small abnormality on the right side of my uterus which was most likely just a subchorionic hermorrage and she said it looked like I either had bled it all out or my body absorbed most of it already. It was such a great sense of relief knowing my baby is going to be ok...it was the biggest scare of my life though. Thanks again!

Comments

• I don't have an answer but I'm praying for you. I know u must be terrified. Try and take it easy and drink water.
  • First of all, please don't stress! Stress is no good for the little one. Secondly, I have a friend who bled for her entire first trimester, and she and I are both due in July. Plus, my cousin (who is due in September and has been prone to MC) had some bleeding around 8 or 9 weeks and was worried that she was mcing but the baby had a normal heartbeat and everything and she just tried to take it easy until she could go back to the doctor and get another okay from them. %%-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I called the answering service before going to the ER and they paged my doctor who said go straight to the ER, they are closed on the weekend.
  • Keep your head up, call your doctor, and try not to stress! O:) praying for you and your little booger.
  • @Viviya was it heavy bleeding? I literally felt like the blood was pouring out of me. I"m trying not to stress but its so hard
  • @richjen24 yes the ER doc said he was in contact with him. He basically said if im going to miscarry there is nothing that can be done to prevent it.
  • Just put yourself on compltete bedrest until you visit your dr.. I went thru the same thing... Dr put me on bedrest. Im now 31weeks, doing great! Keep off your feet, OH.... and NOoooo sex!
  • Calm down just lay around eat well drink plenty of fluids. Mean time try and get ahold of doc. If u are that worried go back to er. As they say anything changes or hasn't stopped go in. You stressing isn't good. It's hard not to but its crucial u don't stress that can cause a mc just like it makes a period late or bad.
  • Thank you so much to everyone and your prayers
  • Put ur feet up higher then ur chest lay flat on back and only get up tp go to batjroom with my daughter I was cramping and spotting doc told me to lay like tht. Just a thought
  • No stressing mom! Lots of rest and healthy food take it easy and see what happens
  • I had red blood w clots too it lasted bout half hour. It scared me. We think its cuz hub & I did doggy & air got in. I squeezed the air out. But no more doogy for us. Go to dr or er. Have them do an U/S.
  • @ExcitedForOctober I would have to double check, but with my cousin at least I think it was pretty steady.
  • My prayers will be for u n the baby
  • How long would it take to miscarry?
  • @ExcitedForOctober oh girl!!!! I am so sorry for what's going on. Pray pray pray!!! I am prayin and my mom is also praying with me. I don't know what you're going through & I'm sorry I can't really give much advice. The only thing in any way I.can relate is if I have ANY issue, I give it completely to God- He's the giver of life. Pls pls keep me updated. If you wanna talk, vent or just anything just inbox me, write me or you can even add me on Facebook. Mom2be8511@gmail.com if you want to, you could even call and ill pray for ya over the phone. :) did they tell you to rest and keep your legs up? I'm here and If there's anything I can do to help (even though I'm far & you don't know me well), I will try to do whatever i can.
  • @BabyComingSoon143 Thank you so much sweetheart. I just want to wake up and this be a nightmare, I just don't get it.
  • edited April 2011
    u need to call the doc and he/she will tell you to go to the labor and delivery dept.... NOT the e.r
  • @ExcitedForOctober You're welcome. Sometimes life doesn't make sense, I agree. A friend of ours from a previous church ate a piece of food after taking her headache pill and went to sleep. Her food stayed in her esophagus and as she slept, the food came up and into her air way. She started choking and her husband gave her cpr until the ambulance came but she didn't make it. She has two little girls - 5 and 2. :( I know God is in control and has a plan but still makes me wonder why He allows things to happen. I shared the story because life has surprises and it'll hurt sometimes but normally, He blesses us even greater with what comes after. It's just getting through the initial pain/shock of what we lost that is so hard. My dad prayed too girl. >:D<
  • Omg that's crazy usually when ur bleeding that bad the baby has passed away I don't think ur r miscarrying at least I hope ur not. Maybe ur getting a period how far aling r u
  • @jenny1973 They wont take u in labor & delivery till ur 20wks. Very dumb I know.
  • @jenny1973 u have to be so many weeks before u can go to labor and delivery until u hit that week u have to go to the er at my hospital u have to be 22weeks to go to labor and delivery anything under 22weeks u go to the er
  • I mean 20 weeks
  • no not true cause my doctor would always tell me to go to labor and delivery and i have 4kids, last time that i did go to the e.r he told me never to go to the e.r cause they really couldnt do much, i guess it all depends on thr doctor......
  • i love my doctor!!!!