After Birth ????

edited April 2011 in Health
Anybody have any good workouts methods or special natural diets to loose the pregnancy weight after baby is born. Since I decided that its going to be my last my baby. I want to get in shape and try to be healthie and look good especially bcus I'm also going to turn 30 this year. If anybody has tried anything and has worked, I would love to know. My bd doesn't believe that I will be able to get into shape but I'm not going to do it for him but for myself.

Comments

• My birthday is in November and I am due the beginning of September. I told my man I want a new yoga mat, pilates blocks, wrist and ankle weights, and new work out videos (I want to be able to work out at home with my baby), and anything else he can find along those lines for my birthday to help lose the baby weight!

My chiropractor had suggested using yoga and pilates to build up muscle and flexibility before jumping into tough cardio and stuff so you don't injure yourself.

And the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy says its 9 months up and 9 months down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2011
    I plan to breastfeed also
    jwigs: awsome that's what I'm talking bout but I know its going to be hard.
  • The Firm is really good. Weight Watchers, too.
  • Thanxs I'm going to check it out.
  • I know they say excercise and drink water lol but I hate water haha I drink it b/c I am pregnant but after my first daughter nothing seemed to get me down to preprego weight...so I ate just subway! After my second daughter I wasn't losing the weight...ate subway for a month and lost so much weight...I never quit drinking soda or tea just switched up the subway menu and poof I finally got down to 105...then got prego again :( lol
  • After my first I was almost 300lbs,,,, so I started to eat grilled chicken only and flavored water, grilled veggys and fresh fruit,,, I lost over 170lbs,,
  • I told Jillian Michaels videos kick your ass into shape. Havent tried em yet. I found pilates to be really hard til u finally build up abdominal muscles. Felt good regardless tho
  • Running/jogging with a stomach sweat band and a couple of layers make sure u stay hydrated though bc u will sweat a lot. Make sure u go for like an hour or so even if u take walking break in between. Cardio is the best work it gets ur heart rate going and it burns calories. Good luck!!!
  • @mrslamaster how long did it take for u? How did u stay motivated n not get sick of the same meal? Love grilled stuff, dunno if I could do it every day
  • it took less then 8 months, and I switchef up the meals I made a chart of all of the combos I could have and planned them that way,,,like one day would have grilled chicken salad, one day have grilled bbq chicken with fresh corn,another day chicken feijas with pepers,another grill some chicken half way then roll it in onion crumbs then bake, another day make chicken str fry (no oil) theres alot to make, just stay away from starch,like potatos and fatty oils,,,,use alot of onions &peppers cus they have acid in them that burn fat
  • And those are dinners, for lunch I would do soups cus they fill u up and not bad for u cus they contain water, also snack on yogurt,
  • You can also mix up chicken with various marinades so it's not the same flavor every time.

Pilates is tough, but it's a damn good burn! I was seeing some serious results with pilates before I got pregnant. I'd alternate 6 days a week, pilates and yoga.

And, if I felt up to it, I'd go top on the treadmill at my apartment's gym. Alternating walking, jogging, and running burns more calories than just running. And you can build up more stamina without feeling like a lazy fatso. I'd warm up just walking for 5 minutes, start jogging for one minute, walking for one minute, and occasionally run for a minute, for a mile, then cool down with a 5 minute walk. I was just starting to get into cardio, so I just made one mile my goal.