mother in law

edited April 2011 in Just for Fun
Omg!! So I'm away from home visiting my family and my in laws. I've been staying at my in laws house for a few days now and I'm ready to explode. My mil treats me like I don't know how to take care of my 3 yr old. She's always in our business when it comes to everything, money mostly. She tries to tell me how and when to discipline my son...that's the part that really makes me mad. He will eventually stop listening to me here if they continue to butt in. I'm trying to come up with a polite way of telling them to back the f off and let ME raise my child! I'm not a confrontational person at all, so I've been dealing with it but I think I'll explode if I hold it in any longer. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, please share some advice on how to handle it.

Comments

• @sands3 Although completely rude, unorthodox, inappropriate, etc.. etc.. etc... I eventually had to tell them to F off... LOL
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Same problem but with my dad and mil n they both got told off
  • I'm with @eriskegal I great big F* you worked miracles with my MIL....
  • I'm coming close to that!! I'm 11 weeks with baby #2 and really don't have the patience to hear her constantly tell me what to do. My husbands sisters son is 8 months older than mine and I think she tries to compare the 2. I feel like she also compares me and my hubby to her daughter and son in law...we are nothing alike!!! I'm a stay at home mom, my hubby is a marine...her daughter is a teacher and a rude stuck up person. They once put their son in time out for play wrestling with my son. Then looked at us like we should do the same. Their boys, they were playing and laughing, not being to rough and no one was getting hurt. I'm just sick of it!! Lol
  • I had the same problem but just started ignoring her and stopped commenting on what she would say I then started becoming domineering and would give her complete instructions typed up mind you oh how and what I did with my daughter she started listening once she saw how much I was preserving with telling her what to do we no longer have problems now:)