water births

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
Has anyone had a water bith and if you have can you please share with me your experience. I'm really thinking about have a water birth but I need first hand info. Thanks

Comments

• I was wondering would they let you do that at the hospital or only with a midwife?
  • They do them at home or hospital and o I think its only with a midwife. I hear about the water birth from the hospital and that's something me and my bd wanted to do where it's just me,him and the midwife. I was told it was very relaxing but the only thing that had me scared was no drugs lol
  • I've had one water birth, it was great for helping with the pain of the contractions but did nothing for me to ease the pain of the actual delivery. I found that I prefere to be dry and in bed with my baby rather than in a tub of gross water, but that's just me. I also was a little uncomfortable with the fact that the baby was under water part way delivered for about 5 minutes.
  • Thanks@ homeschool_momma
  • I had my first 2 natural and gave the epidural a try with our 3rd and had the worst experience and side effects. It was nice not feeling the contractions but still felt it when I actually delivered. With my natural deliveries the contractions hurt but delivery was not as bad as I expected. It was nice to have full control of my body to hold my baby after delivering ;) I've actually been considering doing a water birth with this one. I don't know about the nasty water though,
  • @nmartinze79 ikr that is one thing I thought about. I just don't wanna be in a lot of pain
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wanted to have a water birth and they have awesome videos on youbtube. I chose with This being my first though I am Just going to labor in water and then maybe next have a full water birth. My cousin had two at home water births with her kids and said it was an amazing experience and not as painful as she expected. She said water helped about 90% with the pain and delivery. She also said it was amazing to "help" with the delivery. She got to feel her babies heads Come out and was able to be very active In the delivery.
  • Omg wow that sounds great. Thanks @ Samantha. I'm going to look into youtube thanks
  • ya no problem. you have to create an account because its considered rated r material so you have to be logged in and change the settings to mature or something like that. other wise I dont think you will be able to view it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @richjen24 when are you due?