baby registry?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I will be 13 weeks on Wednesday and I was wondering if its too soon to register for the smaller things like bottles and safety?Then register for the larger stuff after I find out the gender..I find out the gender May 4th through a 3d...whats your thoughts on this?Registering just seems SO overwhelming (this is my first) lol.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea wat is a registry
  • @mybambino, I think its ok to register whenever u want. But I would be worried about something getting discontinued or the store dropping the brand for some crazy reason. I personally think it would be easier to just do it once.
  • a registry is so people know what you want or need at your baby shower. im registering on sat. ill be 28 weeks :D
  • Oy call it a registry
  • @mommy_of_two its for your baby shower...you register for things you need for baby in hopes youll receive it at your shower.
  • A registry is to let others know what u want if they plan on getting you gifts. And I didn't make my registry until after 20 weeks just because of how often the stock in the store changes.
  • @jbandno3 i went to babies r us the other day and was so overwhelmed so i thought i would do the small stuff online and the bigger stuff after i find out the gender on site. :/
  • @caiti5 i didnt know the stock changed so often. i worked in baby depot at burlington for a while and even now the still have the SAME things lol thanks ladies =)
  • I just thought u ain't supposed to ask for wat you want thought knows just to bring wat u know you would need for the baby
  • @zexy4da011 the registry helps to inform people what you have and dont have or need plus prevents any possible duplicates (doesnt always work out that way with the duplicates though)
  • I registered at target n babies r us n they recommended to register as close to baby shower as possible to make sure items you want are available
  • @caiti5 awww my shower isnt till august =( ive never had patience lol
  • Also be careful registering online because many items online are not available in store.
  • Ok so wat do u do go to a certain store tell them what u want n ur guests supposed to get them I'm sorry I'm lost :/
  • I'm sure the big things will be the same...and bottles n breast pumps. But other things idk. We got literally nothing from our registry besides bottles n a Napper. I registered a couple months before baby shower.
  • I registry some stuff online. BC I wanted to compare things and read the reviews I started at 13 weeks and Im finally 20 weeks. So its nice to shop around and see what type of things are worth getting at your babyshower
  • I'm not going to do it until close to my baby shower. Maybe you can start the registry and not publish it? Or do it on your computer as a Word or Excel document with links so you can access it later. I'm just going to take a good friend who has a baby to let me know what she found useful.
  • @lilmami I plan on not publishing it I just really want to take my time with it rather than overwhelming myself in one trip
  • @mybambino yeah, I understand, that's why I'm going to make an experienced friend go with me. You could also just make a list of stuff you need and pick out the brands later so they're still in stock, like others mentioned. Good luck!
  • Don't do babies r us online, biggest pain in the butt :( spent 30 minutes trying to fix one error.
  • I registered at Target. I went in and started scanning things I wanted, but you can also add more or delete or change from your computer. I like that.
  • @mybambino28 my sis is getting her gender 3d/4d u/s on may 4th too and she is 13w1d today.. good lick hope your little one isnt shy! oh aand whats your DD?
  • oh and my sis registered like two weeks ago hahahah a little to early:)
  • @mybambino28 aw congrats my sisters is 10/24 it seems like forever! I hope it goes by fast for us both!
  • and @mybambino28 do you want a boy or girl
  • @just_the_auntie I want a boy but as lo as baby is healthy
  • @bambino28 everyone in my family wants a little girl but your right as long as its healthy. good luck hope you get your helthy little man!:)
  • I registered early on but never gave out the link. Im glad too because ill remember certain things I want and go back and add them.. I have one at target and only 3 items (clothes) were no longer available after months of being on there.