tantrums.

edited April 2011 in Babies
How do I deal with my sons tantrum he throws?! I'm trying so hatd but he just drives me to the point where idk what to do to get him to stop...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I ignore my son...he's never done it in public and ignoring it seems to help. They do it for the attention and if you don't give it to them, they stop. If in public, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck!
  • I ignore my daughter and she gets over it
  • How old is he? My son has always had "listening " problems until we started a marble system...basically everyday he starts out with 3 marbles and loses them one by one if he acts up, once he has collected 40 marbles he gets a small special surprise (usually a toy that we've set a price limit on). Once he completely fills the jar we use he gets a BIG special surprise! It gives him something to work for/look forward to! I really think it makes him feel special and proud of himself! :) It has worked out soo well for us b/c the threat of losing a marble scares him enough to stop whatever it is he's doing lol..tho some prolly wouldn't agree with it, it works for us and its not like I'm beating my child so hey its worth a shot for ya!
  • I like the marble idea. Typically when kids are throwing a tanturm b/c they are fusterated themselves and can't communicate what they want. Either leave him alone to cool off or have him beat on a pillow
  • He is 17months old.. but I'm 7months pregnant and am losing patience. I like the maeble idea though, if it works ots worth doing.. I used to give him a pillow but now that irritates him.. I'm just frustrated that he is frustrated.
  • When my son started throwing tantrums I'd mimick him when nothing else worked. At home ofcourse. Sounds crazy but out worked. Now he's 6 and timeouts n taking away toys work. Tho one time when he was 2 he went crazy, destroyed his room and tried slapping me, I had no choice but to put a baby gate up and go sit in private til he got it out of his system. I've also always made him take responsibilty for his actions. Like cleaning whatever he threw. Tantrums are rare now
  • I tried that.. ayden hits me when I mimick him lol ot irritates him more o gueas. But oir biggwst problem is tjat he does his tantrums in public.. idk how to punish him in public without people sayimg stupid shit...
  • Im not against spanking a child. I dont ever hit him in public but I have plucked his ear and he stops. Hes 3 now so talking to him is more effective now but a pluck is needed once in a while. Also telling him no tv and no toys works the most. I know how you feel because hes done somethings where I feel like if I dont walk out of the room I might hurt him.
  • @mrs_wainwright so it's not just me.i know how you feel.you must be a sahm,i am & sometimes all I can do is cry.Ill be 7mo on sunday and all my patience is gone.he is 17 months.spankings somewhat help when I have the energy if not then I make him go lay down until we both calm down.hes an angel with my husband, but with me a terror!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @stevkam09 omg ayden too when daddy is around he is amazing. It makes me wanna kill my hubby lol,jk. But yeah spankings help me too. What do you do when your out amd about?
  • When im out he is just fine, but if he tries to act up I show him the belt & that seems to work.yestetday we had the WORST day at home idk what got into him.do u have a routine for him during the day?
  • Well kinna lol.. not really
  • my daughtwr is 2 anf she now knows tantrums dont fly with mom and dad... evy does the same when her dad got home from work she would act like she was an angel... he is now home with her and sees what I see, if were in public pull the good old standby my mom used.... dont make me take you outside lol. I dont beat my child but I do spank at times, and I will give her a pat on the butt in public if meeded for extra.emberassment
  • He is the sweetest, most lovable little boy you ever met. Happy, polite, loving. But on the 2% of the time he throws a fit, he is bad....
    @stevkam911 she works full time, days and her hubby works full time, evenings and weekends. So he is with one of them most the time. Otherwise, he us with me it my hubby (the grandparents)
    @ethansmommy122 I love the marble idea, I just don't know if he is old enough to understand
    @gladiator007 I do think it is because he is frustrated
  • @mrs_wainwright hey I almost lost it today so I decided to go to the library yp check out some parenting books.found one its called 123 magic by thomas w phelan, I'm almost halfway thru it's for dealing with tantrums w/o spanking.just made me think that I should def tell u ASAP ;)
  • Ah that would be awesome.. cause for some reason I'm agaisnt spankings.. and btw guys kate k ot whatever is my mommy lol
  • One of my girlfriends just asked the same question on FB. She says her daughter WON'T be ignored. I'm preggo with my first so the only advice I could give her is what I've seen on supernanny. Consistant timeout and walk away. I'm not sure if it works in real life but it works for supernanny.
  • Haga worth a try