Raspberry Tea and Primrose Oil??

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
So I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea and using primrose oil for days. I haven't even had the first real contraction. Am I not doing something right? Everyone else talks about how quickly it worked for them and I'm not having any luck at all! :-( I drink the tea about 5 times a day and do the primrose oil vaginally 3 times (this is according to what the girl at the herb store told me to do, but I looked it up online and read the same directions there). :-(( Any other suggestions from you ladies that have tried this? I am desperate at this point!!!

Comments

• It didn't work for me but did make labor faster and easier when it came. How far along r u?
  • I'm 40 weeks, due tomorrow, but my baby is measuring really big so I want it to come ASAP!!
  • You could have sex let him finish and then make sure you finish multiple times. The sperm triggers a hormone that can help start labor and everytime you finish it will make ur uterus contract. Or if you have a breast pump you can try pumping milk to induce labor.
  • Honestly nothing will work unless the baby is ready :( I have tried also. Lol mine says no she wont come out and went breech but hopefully she turns tomorrow cause I don't feel like a csection. Are u dilated
  • @proudmomma I have been 1cm and 100% effaced with baby head down for weeks. Baby is ready but my cervix just isn't cooperating. Good luck to you!
  • Well you may dilate fast :) be prepared
  • that concoction only prepares your cervix for labour won't actually induce n its said if its not ur first theres no need, all the best thou6h
  • Have they not offered you a membrane sweep? It worked for me, was 6 days overdue and went into labour same day it was done which was about three weeks ago now. Sometimes just need a bit of a poke to get it going lol
  • This is my first and the doc did a membrane sweep on Monday. Going back today for a stress test and they will check my progress. The doc doesn't want to do too much unless my cervix shows signs of being ready. @sheridanlm1991 Congrats on your new little one!