my son has craddle cap on his face

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
It looks really bad he has it on his neck on the creases of his arma behind his ears. Ugghhh I don't kknow what else to do anyone have suggestions???

Comments

• Are you sure its not baby exzuma (sp) sorry. My kids had it and that's what it was.
  • If u can, use some olive oil, it will soften the skin and you might be able to get the rough spots off with a wash cloth. It worked when my kids had it on their head but I know scrubbing a face can really hurt.
  • @jbandno3 So what do I use on the face? Olive oil
  • @momofSOONtobe7 no bc he has all the flaky stuff on his head and face
  • Try the olive oil and a wash cloth or a bath sponge, when its in their hair I used my fingernails like was scrubbing their scalp, but fingernails on the face doesn't sound to good, but behind the ears might work.
  • Ah got ya. Well sorry can't help. You could also try vitamin e as well. I know my brother had it bad on his head. Wish ya luck hun. Sorry I couldn't help much.
  • Cetaphil lotion is good and aveeno eczema lotion is good too, try that ;;)
  • @mommyofSOONtobe7 did it get rough the excema? Bc now I'm thinking it is excema. He has little bumps all over his checks and forhead and it feels really dry and rough
    @jbandno3 thanks
    @letysfirst thanks
  • Go with the olive oil don't use baby lotion or baby oil as that clog up babys pores. I don't know if you can get it where you are but dentinox cradle cap shampoo is brilliant
  • It may be baby acne and that normally clears up by itself
  • My son had it and it came down to his forehead & eyebrows. Try the olive oil and massage it well then, use a super soft baby hair brush to loosen it.
    Also use cetaphil to bathe.... good luck
  • I have 5 kids. My 1st had the worst cradle cap ever and i tried everything to no avail. After telling a family member who is a beautician about my daughter's severe 'cradle crap' problem she gave me a bottle of Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry shampoo and it worked like a charm.
  • My oldest daughter had it, and her doctor reccomended selsun blue the dandruff shampoo. It worked great, he just stongly pointed out do not get it in they're eyes.
  • Any dandruff shampoo with selineum sulfide as active ingredient will work. Just use like a body wash.mom of 4.
  • Then moisturize with oil right after bath
  • What's cradle cap? (Although im guessing its rough spots of dry skin from reading previous comment) but just curious....how do babies get it...
  • My daughter had cradle cap and excema our Pediatrician told us to wash her every 2-3 day head to toe in Selsun blue but don't get it in the eyes. It burns the eyes badly. And if he has patches you can put hydrocortizone cream 1% on the patches before using unscented lotion. I would talk with your pediatrician about it though just to make sure it's cradle cap or excema
  • @blissmarie23 I've seen some pics on the internet but he looks like he has both on his face its really red and rough and scaly and on hos neck too n on his head and behind his ears he also has little red dots. Everywhere no yellow tip though
  • edited April 2011
    @stevenjsalas_mommy. I wouldn't use the hydrocotizone cream then just the selsun blue. When my daughter had cradle cap and excema the cradle cap didn't itch the excema did.
  • Break up vit E cap ans rub the vit on it late it soak in do it a few times should help
  • @blissmarie23 but my son is only a month y does it get. Enflamed if he can't scratch n how will I know if it itches him
  • @camommy what is the name. Of the cream
  • Go buy a bottle of vitamin B gelcaps
  • He will scratch it. He can reach his face so he can definantly scratch if he needs to. You may want to try the olive oil first since he's so young. It could be baby acne and the treatment for that is different they should both go away in a few weeks though. ;)
  • My daughter has exzema very bad an its red bumps an dry aveeno works best. My pediatrician Sed they can get it if a close family member has exzema or if the family member has asthma or allergys it culd cause the baby to have exzema
  • @Mrs_Jackson2anpreggo do the red bumps get dry n scally and do they. Get it on theyir neck? I dnt. Know of anyone who has allergies or eczema
  • None of my family has exzema then my neice got it but we all have very bad allergys an asthma. My daughter has it horribly ALL over her body an it red bumps an red dry ruff patches an very scally sometimes her whole arm an leg is all scally. My sons dissappeared after a few months but my daughters gets worse but her daddy has it bad.
  • Omg I hope my son doesn't have it
  • Nuthn serious jus have to put the aveeno on