Help!!! Do I call the cops? Is this the right thing to do. Not pregnancy related.

2»

Comments

• @joaquins_mama I did. Idk if it did any good. As I have said I wish there was more that I could do, but I fear for my newborns life. He is scary.
  • You need to tell the police they are disturbing your household also by making things fall that could injure you oryour baby. I would also make a report to your landlord. They can speak to them especially if they ate fighting at night there ate noise laws they have to follow even if they feel the need to fight. If you think he is beating her dont confront either of them its not safe n if he can harm his girl what will he do to a complete stranger?! Call the police everytime u hear them fighting and argueing evn if they don't arrest one of them right away eventually they'll get tired of cming out and tll them if they don't stop they'll both go to jail. Plus its building a record. If u don't report then nothing is happening. And if god forbid something was to fall and harm someone at least u could say u have called and complained and u will have proof! Stay safe.
  • She doesn't want to be with him but for some reason she can't leave him it scares me and makes me so angry xc she was pregnant and he would still abuse her xc so she got an abortion so he wouldn't hurt the baby xc I'm so afraid that one day he'll hold her neck to hard and for too long or throw her too hard and she won't make it xc I already lost my other best friend last year I really don't want to lose her :'(
  • Please call the cops everytime. I have a friend whose life was saved because her neighbors called the cops. If they hadn't come he would have beat her to death. Sometimes it's that last time that makes them realize. Most of the time the guy has the victim thinking they did something to deserve it and noone would blame them or punish them for it.
  • My next door neighbors were the same way but I didn't have any kids just preggo. I actually looked out the window like at 4am couldn't sleep and he was man handling her and shaking her they got in the apt and I started hearing them fight and her scream I called the cops turns out when the cops got there she had fresh bruises on her face. We just moved about 2wks ago to a new apt in the same apt complex though.. call its the right thing to do maybe she is in danger more than half of the homicides of women are cause my their bf husbands ex or other crush.. 80 percent of them have been abused before and only 20 percent reported it
  • @krazymomofadrian I agree keep calling the cops and remain anonymous. But I disagree with trying to get anymore involved than that like some others have told you to do. You do not know these people or what they will do and getting involved in something like that could possibly end very badly for you and your family. If you said it looked like your door was kicked in from the first time you called I would deff not talk to the girl. Yes it is very very sad if she is really getting beaten but you need to worry about your young childrens and yours safety so in my opinion the most you can do to help is to call the police whenever stuff like that happens. In the longrun look for somewhere new to live, its sounds very scary to live so closely to something like that not ever knowing if they'll do something to your property, home, or even worse you. Good luck
  • Like @Joaquins_mama said it builds a record my mum's neighbours use to ring every time her ex husband shouted and hit her, and eventually when she left him and he tried to get access to kids he couldn't or use to sit outside house early hours it meant they could arrest him and give him injunction, but you also got to think of yourself and your family, the guy next door to my mum was a big guy who eventually hit my mum's ex husband for hitting women, so he wasn't exactly scared don't put yourself or family at risk x
  • I was in an abusive relationship before. I wish I had called the cops on him. I never made any noise though, so neighbors didn't know. Some 'friends' did, not that they helped me any.
  • Just follow your gut, if you think something really bad is happening it probably is. Goodluck to your family stay safe and just keep doing what you think is right.
  • I would definitely call the police you could be saving someones life
  • I would call the cops. I read in the news paper a young lady was killed by her bf u never know