Pressured...agh!

edited April 2011 in Parenting
So my little boy just turned 1 this last saturday. We are expecting another boy in 4 months. My husband wants our boy to be potty trained by the time our little one arrives that way we don't have to buy two different diapers. I agree yes, but I know that it's harder to train a boy...especially at that kind of young age!! I keep telling him that boys are harder and takes time...but he's so stubborn and wont listen. agh! I read about tips and articles and all of them start pretty much from age 1 1/2 and 2! what am I suppose to do? Any ideas?

Comments

• One is really little to potty train, but the new popular thing to do is to train infants! Some have done it successfuly but it seems like A LOT of work. Try your local library for books on potty training, I've used Potty Training in Less Than a Day. I personally still appreciate having my toddler in diapers when the baby comes
    : )
  • @homeschool_mamma I also think 1 is too young...I still want him to be a baby :) but I got 4 months to train him so I can start slow right? first by just introducing him to the potty and having him sit in it atleast...
  • I'm not sure a 16month old will be successful without accidents. I always just started @ age 2. My girl was harder than the boy.
  • Our son is 2 and the new baby is due at the end if Sept. I would love to have him potty trained by then, but you have to have realistic expectations. I think trying to potty train a 1 year old would be pointless, and its much easier if they ate ready, and have the dexterity to pull their pants up and down. My daughter was 22 months when her brother was born and was not potty trained til 3 1/2. I wouldn't stress over it too much, and any progress u make may be relapsed once the new baby is here.
  • thanks everyone! i really do hope everything works out here for me