Anyone start planing there babyshower yet>?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
This is my first and my mom isnt so caught up on the whole baby shower thing ,she didnt even have one when she was preggers with me smh..so she dosnt really want to plan one dosnt even really know how to ,i dont know what to do all my family members live in a diff state and im the only child no brothers/sisters ,But I really want one btw im 25 weeks preg due aug :(

Comments

• aw, you can still have one! I started planning mine weeks ago with my mom... having mine june 12th, im due in july. There is a lot you want to figure out, as far as where you will have it, what type of food and beverage you want to serve, and what games you would like to play during the shower. I woudl still invite all your fam members even if they are in diff state, just to make them feel included, plus they can still send you a gift or a gift card or something in the mail. there are so many different ideas online, just google baby shower ideas :) Do you have friends and co workers you can invite? you can always just plan a small one at your home or a friends home, or your parents house. I didnt bother registering at stores either. half the time ppl wont even check that stuff anyway. if someone wants to know what you need they can just ask. good luck planning!
  • actually i live with my mom so shes the type that dosnt like alot of pple in the home smh not saying she wont let me have a few ppl over..but as goes for the fam i know for sure they wont attend they never visit me at all anyways :( but thanks for ur advice much appreciated !! :)
  • I have started buying some of the gifts for the games but I'm starting to plan too I want it to be great! I'm due in August too
  • My cousin is hosting one for me in the end of July so we're just starting to plan it out. I'm hoping my stepkids will be here for the shower! I'm so glad that they're excited for the baby!