Is it too earlier to start preparing for the babyshower?

edited April 2011 in Baby showers
I'm 20 weeks and I have begin preparing for my shower. Is that too earlier? I live in VA but I am having in SC, my home town. My sisters and mom is giving it but I want to give my input and how I would likeit. We have already booked the placed. To me that was the most important thing b/c its in July and a lot of weddings etc takes place. I have alreadly picked out my invitations, food and games. I just want everything to be done ahead of time, but I just sometimes its just to earlier.

Comments

• No..im 18 wks and already looking@ idea and what not...I wanna make sure I have everything :)
  • I'm 19 weeks n booked my place its in Aug and all the places I wanted was full n I got my invite list n games written down not prepared yet.
  • Hehe, I'm 15 weeks and yesterday posted a discussion I'm what ppl thought for a pool baby party. Never to early :)
  • I don't think its too early. I'm 23 weeks and I'm having my first shower this Saturday (one side of my family) and another in July (the other side). I'm also getting married June 2012 and already have alot planned. I'm even going in November to look at dresses. But I like to start early so I'm not rushing to get things done last minute!
  • Ok..good..so u guys feel me...I just dont like doing things at the last minute..i know my mom and sister in SC always do things at the last minute and I took me getting things on the roll for them to follow up. W my other sister here in VA we are getting things in order.

Anyone have a budget in mind?
  • Nah its never too early! I started planning for weeks now, mine is June 12th... better to be prepaired than not! The only thing is you don;t really want to send the invites out too early, people will tend to forget about it! Im sending mine out about 3-4 weeks before, gives people enough time i think. I alreayd had everything planned out, games, food, place, etc just like you! Im not the last minute type. no worries!
  • @ newmom2be23..Im going to send save the date out end part of May and offical Invites in June b/c my shower is July 23th. I kind of feel like I'm preparing for a wedding...lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 20 weeks and beginning to book everything and making lists of people to invite. I also just registered. :)
  • @ VictoriaB..I started a registry last month...I have no desire to finish it...in a way I prefer Giftcards..regardless of the amount..but beggers cant be chosers