Ughhh I hate the dr!!!

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I saw my dr today I am 37 weeks pregnant and she weighed 8 lbs last week. So today he tells me all the horrible things about delivering big babies, shoulder displasia (sp), breaking babys collarbone, breaking babys shoulder, nerve damage and even death!!! But wont induce til 39 weeks. If it wasnt for the midwifes that I love I would be finding a new dr at 37 weeks. Oh I'm also measuring 40 weeks!

Comments

• U WOULD THINK THAT HE WOULD INDUCE U @ 8LBS IT WILL ALL WORK OUT I THINK ITS SOME HOSPITALS POLICY NOT TO INDUCE B4 39
  • Did they do an ultrasound to measure hun? Ultrasounds can be 2lbs off in either direction at that point! My best friend was told her son was 9+lbs at 38 weeks, she was induced at 39 weeks and he was born 7lbs 1oz. And measuring the tummy can be inaccurate from how much fluid you have and how baby sits, don't stress hun!
  • I am 36 weeks and my baby weighs 7lbs. He is measuring a week and a half ahead. They won't induce me until 39 weeks because it's the hospitals policy. I see a midwife
  • Try to induce labor. The last few weeks of my pregnancy every time my husband had sex, I started having contractions. I delivered at 37 weeks and my son was 7 lbs, so see if lots of sex will get you started.
  • My baby is measuring 1 1/2 weeks early. It scares me.because my fiance was 9ibs 11oz and he broke his collar bone coming out. I still havent seen all the drs in the practice. Im 38 weeks and thurs I see a diff dr and I dont think I talk to him about delivery bc hes not my dr. my dr kast week said I need a u/s for his weight again in 1 to 1 1/2 weeks but seeing this other dr screws it up. Irritating.. I dont want a c section..
  • at 39 weeks I was told I was going to have a 9lb baby he was born 8 days pastdue and when he was born he weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 22 in, I agree with mommyoftwoprincesses a few different factors can play into the measurements the get :)
  • Ya...my Dr said he's "not aloud' to offer to induce before 39 wks...Damn! Good luck
  • I forgot to mention I have gestational diabetes, so thats why the baby is so large and I have been going for an ultrasound once a week and have been watching the baby grow. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to self induce, I'm all ears!!!