scared when i think about being a mom...

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I am 23, I will be a first time mommy to a handsome Baby boy around September 20th. Daddy will be gone for 9 months in the military in August. But we couldn't be more excited!! >:D<

When I think about bringing my baby boy home I get scared! This little baby is all mine and I have no clue if ima know what it wants and needs.

A lot of people say it comes naturally and since I've help take care of my 4 nieces and nephews ill know what to do...

I'm scared!!! Anyone else feeling this way? :-S

Comments

• Same.
    .I'm only 21 and I don't know if I will be a good mommy
  • I think this is a fear for every first time mom hun. Its totally normal. It will be hard at first and you will feel like you are doing everything wrong and you will be scared, but trust me, you get the hang of it and it just comes naturally! :) im sure you both will be fantastic mommies!! :D
  • Oh sweetie! Im sure ull b an amazing mom! Im an army wife too and do in november. If ur due date and his deployment date r so close he should look into a late deployment. Most of the time they will give him that because the army stands for family and likes the fathers to have bonding time. Also I think ur amazing because I im on mu 3rd baby and I had my family close by for my other 2. I would've been just as scared if I didn't and honestly im scared I wit know what im doing with mu 3rd now! Lol! It comes to u I promise! And and army provides classes u should try attending so u know what help u can get n stuff good luck to u!
  • Honey, dony worry, none of us were born knowing how to be a mother we will.learn trough out life... we will be just fine...
  • @gabbyc, @mandac10, @mommyoftwoprincesses...thanks ladies...:) hoping ill be a good momma and sure gonna try with all I am!!

@rachelmt21- I Think the most thing I Think about is what if I don't feed enough (ima breast feed) and how do I know when to feed him. I've never givin a Baby a bath before...and how the heck do I clean a circumcised pee pee! LOL!
  • Im with u girl. Im 22 yrs old and im scared too. My family are in Hawaii and im scared that no one is goin to help me when the baby is here. :(
  • I'm 40 and I'm terrified. The only comfort is that I've done well with our dog for the past four years!
  • I guess all of the first time mommys feel the same fear :( i am 21 with my first baby due in november and im scared of not being a good mom
  • @AaronsArmyWife I know how u feel! I'm 32 weeks and my husband (also military) will be leaving in August as well!! I'm nervous too so don't feel bad, but we just have to take it a day at a time! :) it will all be worth it when you hold your baby in your arms :)
  • edited April 2011
    I was 18 freshly graduated from high school with my first n hunny when they say it comes natural it really does there is nothing to be scared of you will be a great mommy I'm sure enjoy your pregnancy n don't stress yourself out I'm on my second now and I'm 23 its really not as hard as it seems when ya think about it trust me good luck babe
  • My grandmother used to always say that if you care enough to worry about it then you will be a great mom!!!
  • I feel the same way but I'm 21 n ths was not planned...
  • Ii felt this way with my daughter, you will be amazed how you handle it. Instincts kick in