Stress @ work....

edited April 2011 in Just for Fun
Just wondering... How many mamas (or daddys) on pregly have extremely stressful jobs? I do anesthesia for a living and carry the heavy stress of my profession throughout every aspect of my life. I can not wait for maternity leave to get away for a bit & spend time loving up on my baby!

Comments

• My job is high stress too. I work in a helpdesk so ppl constantly come to me with their problems. N everything needs fixed yesterday. I have a good work ethic n can hack a fast paced multi-tasking job, but the stress is too much. I'm probably going to get another job after my FMLA!
  • Thank God I have a every other weekend job... its kinda stressful but I am only there four days a month!!!
  • U are a lucky girl! Sooo jealous!
  • edited April 2011
    I work with an old lady with alzeimers/dementia. She is constantly lying about me to her family and my co worker. She also refuses to listen to things that keep her safe and healthy. The family doesnt believe her, but everyday is stressful trying to keep her safe and healthy. I love my job and have been doing this 11 years. She is by far the hardest I've ever worked with. I unfortunately will only get a week off.
  • @Jessica28... A week off when the babys born? Thats barely enough to physically recover.... Do u work a lot of hours per week?
  • @mzsnooze I work 11hr days 5 days a week. The joys of being self employeed. Hopefully my partner and I wil be starting school in january. When we start school, I'm quitting this job. They take me for granted
  • I work in a closed area, so very stressful and can't even tell hubby why I'm stressed or anything like that. I leave @ 4:30am and don't get home until 4:45pm usually and spend about 3hours in bad traffic in DC area. Don't know which is worse, job or traffic! Been glad to be on bedrest last two months, not looking forward to going back in two weeks :(
  • @Jessica28 I'm Also self employed... really sucks sometimes like tax time! Also long days and no sick time... Or maternity leave. Im taking some time even if it breaks the bank!
  • I work in a walk in urgent care. Where its privately owned so management sucks. They treat us like slaves. N worse ever since I got prego my manager has out for me . So on top of seeing 80-100 patients a day,13 hr shifts, fast pace environment I got my manager on my ass for petty shit.( excuse my language) grr
  • @iLoveMyBaby my supervisor has it out for me too w/petty BS! Was 10 min late yesterday & now if I don't call her if I'm going to b one min late I'm terminated. I need a new job too
  • Isn't it ridiculous. These people need lives. Their gonna get styes in there eyes
  • @mzsnooz yes it def sucks around tax time. I'm trying to save so that I can take some extra time. My partner works with me also at night so she's covering the week I'm gone. I really want her home with me though. Ugh the joys of being an adult! Lol