ok ladies i need some weight gain reassurance......

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok last week i had a appointment on teh 19th and weighed 72 kg which roughly equals 170 pounds. had an appointment today and weighed 82 kg which is 180 pounds. im 30 weeks and 5 days. Please someone tell me this is normal. my dr has said its fine but i really feel like ive gained too much. I started at 120 pounds so ive gained sixty pounds. im very upset at this. my eating isnt horrible i mean somedays i do have my junk food cravings but for hte most part i eat one good sized healthy meal and snack on small things through out the day. ( salsa, veggies, fruit, cereal) today i had a on the run lunch so it was a culvers burger not healthy but i was starting to get dizzy from low blood sugar. Has anyone been at this much weight gain and can tell me they atleast got close to their pre pregnancy weight. Thanks so much.

Comments

• I've been gaining a ton too even tho I eat better than most normal people... I gained 7lbs in one month even. I'm 28 wks now and pretty much see its from GD my Dr said I'm ok tho... I guess if doc says it is ok.... we shouldn't freak but I know its hard not to be self conscious
  • im just worried about the fact that i basically gained 10 pounds in a week or so
  • Im 30 weeks today and at 20weeks I already gained 20lbs so once I hurd that I tryed to eat better and made my hubby stop buying mcdonald breakfast,,,but im still gaining like crazy,,,,, I was 126to start and now im 164or more,,,cus I dont think the nurse wanted to tell me my real weight cus I was in a really bad mood,didnt feel good,and I hate my doctor,,,, and my nurse is prego with twins and im bigger then her,,,and only having 1
  • everyone says i have to be having twins because im soo big and if you go on facebook u can see my tummy progress and i am pretty huge for a single baby and 30 weeks. i just cant believe that i gained like 10 pounds in one week. and last week i didnt really eat much
  • they always say in the third trimester is when you gaint he most weight ! so dont worry its normal . my last pregnancy i went from 130 to about 155 in 3 months . its cause the baby is growing much faster and is getting bigger now . dont worry and good luck .
  • My beginning weight was 145. I'm currently 214.. and my doctor reminds me every visit how much iv gain & its too much. I gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks. But my last app (which was my weekly visits) I didn't gain anything. And that week a ate chinese, wendys etc. Lol so, and the 2 weeks I actually watched what I ate. So idk what's going on.

But I was really upset about my weight cuz I feel like a whale! But recently iv been telling myself, I can always loose the weight! The only thing I care about is if my baby is healthy! And he's 100 % healthy, so that's all that matters(: think positive, I know its hard and u may feel unatractive, like I do - but I keep telling myself, its all about my little peanut & my world revolves around him now.

Stay positive girly, it just mean some hardcore work outs after(:
  • Boobs,baby placenta,water, backed up waste etc dnt stress it ur preggo.
  • You gain weight at the much quicker because its stickin to the baby now. Your baby weights 0 - 2 lbs for more then half your pregnacy
  • I started with 105lb now im 140lb im 39 wks 6d
  • Ladies keep in mind that the later in the day u have ur drs appointment that high that number because of water weight. It retains everywhere hands, feet, ankles, thighs, butt. Also take in to consideration if u ate right before ur drs appointment that takes longer to digest and come out the other end. So u have extra weight there. Also ur breast are larger a hell of a lot more full. Especially closer to the end. So don't get to hard on urself. Of it goes on it can come off.
  • I gained almost 70lbs with my first. Started at around 130 -135 lbs. Lost 30...became pregnant with #2 and this time I have only gained 25 back from what I lost. Still have 4 wks to go tho. Hoping to end around the same point I did with my first and then losing ALL OF IT!
  • I wish I can gain more weight. Im only 108 and 16wks but im guessing as pregnancy progresses I'll gain like crazy
  • I know how you are feeling hun. I started out at the same pre pregnancy weight of 120 Im 5"10. I feel like I've gained too much so far as well. Im 24 weeks and have gained 35 pounds already. My doctor reassured me I'm ok my last appointment. She said I was extremely underweight to start and from what she has seen and knows women who start out like that tend to gain up to what a normal body weight is to ensure carrying the baby. Its like your body knows to gain up to a healthy base weight to ensure your pregnancy and baby are healthy. She told me to think I've actually gained 15 pounds of baby weight. I know its frustrating but hang in there. You and your body are doing what is best for the baby's health!! Remember a lot of the weight now is going to the baby so try relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!! It will all come off after especially with breastfeeding! ;-)
  • Ahh I'm 5'5 ..I started out 130 and am now 170 and 39 weeks :O 130 was already more for me anyways I usually am around 115-120.. eek talk about mentally screwed right.. don't worry its just a number and it will come off!
  • ty ladies my bf also reminded me I just quit smoking and thats probably where those ten pounds are from
  • Im 5'2 and I have gained 18pounds ..Im 29wks today..my starting weight was 125 and now I weigh 142...
  • I don't even wanna say my weight bit am 26 weeks and gained 25 pounds! You're fine!