any other daddies not able to be around?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
My bf was recently put in jail, and I'm having an extremely difficult time being away from him. I'm 17 weeks pregnant with my child and this is not how I imagined my first pregnancy. I'm deeply in love with Mikey and I know he would do anything to be able to go to my appointments and be involved; I'll find out if he'll be out in time for the birth on Friday. I have a lot of support, I just miss him dearly and I need him more than ever. Are there any other ladies going through this or something similar? How do you deal with the lonely nights and the inevitable fears you have in regards to your baby?

Comments

• Ur only 17 weeks and ur giving birth on Friday?
  • No his hearing is Friday...I sense condescension?
  • Don't think that's what she meant. Your post sounded like you would be giving birth at 17weeks. That's all.
  • Okay well no I'm not giving birth on Friday. His hearing is Friday; that is the day I will find out if he will be there when I give birth in October.
  • Yes that's wat I meant it said for birth on Friday so I thought u were having him at 17 weeks and good luck I hope he is out for the birth its hard not having the person who help create the life ur caring not around to support u
  • My exhusband was in prison and got deported shortly after my son was born. I spent my entire pregnancy without him and it was tough but I had great friends and family to help me through. Same thing is kind of happening now. I am 12 weeks and husband has missed most of it on a job detail in another state. I am hoping he will be back soon. Just stay positive and lean on those who are there to support you. You need to focus on that baby right now. Good luck with the hearing. I hope it goes well.
  • I'm also doing it alone, but my husband is overseas. Best of luck to you!!
  • Thank you. I'm trying to keep my head up; I know the baby can sense my stress. Just pray for me I guess-I've never been religious but lately I've really started relying on faith. For me, my baby, and my baby's daddy.
  • I am a prayin' girl so you got my prayers! :)
  • My sons father went to jail when I was pregnant and it was hard feeling alone but when he got out he moved to Oregon for rehab and the same day he got to Oregon he got another girl pregnant. I know you love him and he says he wants to be there but just remember the baby is more important and is all that matters don't have too high of hopes. I hope everything is completely opposite from what IV experienced and seen with other friend too! I'll keep you in my prayers that it works out the way you want it to! Good luck girl!
  • @baby2dec, I'm sorry to hear that. I know I may sound stupid saying that I know that won't happen, but I know that won't happen. I'm more concerned about him staying clean and taking care of what needs to be taking care of. Irregardless, you're right; my focus needs to be entirely on the baby. Hope for the best, expect the worst. And @oregonmama, I hate that feeling of loneliness. I can talk to mine on the phone, and I can even see him for an hour a couple of times a week. I just want him HERE though. I reread his letters and I listen to our songs and I try to plan for the future. At least your BD is doing something to better himself! That's wonderful and though it is difficult now, it will provide much needed stability for down the road.