BABY REGSITRY WHEN?

edited May 2011 in Second Trimester
im 18w3d I know what im having now and want to do one of my baby regsitry im doin 5 of them well 10 if u but online,and in store separate so im trying to get them out tha but my mom.say im wishing bad luck on my babygirl cause im doing things to fast WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Comments

• I didnt do mine until 28 weeks but anytime in the second tri is fine I would think.
  • i think i was like 7 months.. pregnant when i started mine.. i don't think doing your registry early is bad ... but going out and buying all kinds of baby stuff and going all out may not be good... all it does is make your pregnancy feel longer.. and makes you more anxious.. lol.. cuz i think i started stocking up around 7 months and organized and reorganized it a million times.. lol
  • I dd mine at 27 weeks and had my bby shower at 30 weeks.
  • Pssh....i did mine the day i found out at 20 weeks i even took off work the day of my ultrasound so i could go as soon as i got done.
  • And i already had one of my showers and im having another one for my bf's family saturday i'll be one day shy of 36 weeks
  • I started mine as soon as I found out what I was having. 10 is a lot though, I thought you were only supposed to do one or two, since the registry is to avoid getting duplicates.
  • Im waiting until I find out the sex which is in 3 days. That way people know what to get. Planning is good. I just recommend start it so people can have things before the baby shower. Maybe a month or so.before the baby shower.
  • I'm 26w5d n still haven't done mine altho I really cnt wait to do it I want my invites to b out by the end of May so I will b doing this sometime this month especially since I want out of staters to b at the baby shower it took everything n me not to b like these other ladies n do it at 20w wen I found out wat I was having I jus cnt wait to getting it started
  • @laura536 its different clothes like at macys and stuff
    I dont want to wait to long then at da baby shower I dont get everything I neef and I'll be running around with my head cut off with a big belly
  • Ah, that makes sense then! : )
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wouldn't put too many clothes on your registry. They grow out of them quickly, and people have a tendency to buy lots of newborn/0-3 mos.-sized clothing for your shower that they end up growing out of before they can wear anyway. I'd register for things you'll utilize and go through so you don't have to spend as much money. It will be a huge help.
  • I'm 24 wks haven't done mine I don't plan on doing it til 2 wks befre my shower so I'll be like 34wks. I think if you do it too early and your shower isn't til the end of yur pregancy then by the time it comes all the stuff you register for will either be out of stock or just out of season (since you're doing clothes) and not available anymore so its just a waste. 10 registries is a lot! I'm doing 1 lol.. I don't think anyones gonna check 2 or more (personal opinion) and I agree in the end ppl are gonna get you what they want which will most likely be an outfit 0-3 mo. I'm only registering for big stuff like bottles, swing, diapers, wipes, baby tub, bottle brushes, changing pad, stuff like that.. no clothes
  • I just created my registry on Amazon.com but I'm only 12 weeks so I doubt anyone is going to be looking at it anytime soon. I'm hesitant to register at more than one place because I don't feel like worrying about duplicates. Hopefully, folks are okay with ordering online cuz Amazon has everything I want. What do ya'll think? Thanks!
  • Yall may think I'm crazy but I did most of my babies r us registry right after my very 1st sono at 7 weeks. I'm 2days from 14 weeks and i still go on my registry when I'm bored at work to take stuff off and add stuff I'm just very anxious. I won't find out what I'm having til June so then i'll probably really go back into the store and redo my registry based on what I'm having..
  • I would do an online for a store people can actually go to also. Some don't like to do transactions over the puter.
  • it maybe crazy that im doin 10 but I have people up north n she only shop at target so I was goin to do there but the clothes are different sizing not just newborn n all the dipers wipes bottles and etc just wanna give people more options then one store