Bi-racial babies and hair.......

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I Am white and bd is black...r bi-racial babies born with a lot of hair bc they saw a lot on the ultrasound today...I Have no idea how to take care of it...help preglys

Comments

• DON'T LET IT GET TANGLED WASH AND CONDITION SWEAR BY DETANGLING SPRAYCOMB IN SECTIONS MEANING PART DOWN THE MIDDLE VERTICALLY AND HORIZONTALLY AND SO THERE WILL B 4 PONY TAILS COMB OUT FOM THE ROOT TO END OR SWITCH IF THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR U JUST MAKE SURE U KEEP IT COMBED OUT AND PLAT OR TWIST THE PONY TAILS AND PUT BOWS ON THE ENDS....IF U HAVE A BOY KEEP IT CUT OR COMBED OUT IF U DON'T CUT IT I'M NOT MIXED BUT I HAVE MIXED PPL HAIR MY DAD LOOKS HISPANIC BUT HE IS CREOLE AND HAS HISPANIC TEXTURED HAIR SO MINE IS A BIT COARSE MY MOM DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO DO WITH ALL THAT HAIR
  • Ppl are telling be for the first year just use lots o lotion. Cuz u gotta keep it moistened :bz
  • Lol u never kno wat ur gona get wen it comes to hair lol. If the hair is rite in the middle conditioners will be all u need. U HAVE to keep it combed out! If the hair is more blk then u may need to learn how to braid like my bff did. Shes mexican w/ str8 hair but her girl looks all black w/all blk hair so she learned how to braid quite well! Aint nothin worst than seein a lil mixed pretty girl and her hair is a hotmess lol u goma have to learn mommy!
  • Put olive oil with water in spray bottle and LIGHTLY spray hair use your hands to work in.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It depends on the baby. Just because your baby is bi-racial doesn't necessarily mean the hair will be curly or happy. All 8 of my nieces and nephews are black and white and only two have kinky hair...the others blonde loose and tangled hair...looking at them you would think they were white LOL. But for the first year you shouldn't put too much in your babies hair...lotion is great
  • that was nappy my phone changed it sorry
  • My oldest is bi racial and has the most perfect hair. Not nappy like her dads but almost like spanish hair very curly and easy to maintain. I just use lots of conditioner and always do something pretty with it.
  • Your babies hair will most likely be very curly
  • For later in life if you have a girl i swear by products by mixed chicks...my hair was a hot mess when i was young then i learned how to do it and what products to use well about 3 years ago i decided i was tired of it and chopped it all off andwouldn't you know it went back to being a holy hot mess anyway i found mixed chicks and now it's manageable...I'm mixed with black white and native American my hair is tightly coiled but it's super soft so styles don't stay. Anyway mixed chicks is great...i used to put vaseline in my sons hair just to keep it moisturized.
  • Thanks guys ...how often do I wash it if it is kinky?
  • edited May 2011
    My daughters hair is pretty kinky and we wash it with shampoo about twice a week (sometimes only once) but I wet it and brush it at least once a day (she hates it) and then we use the mixed chicks leave in conditioner or a product that's a little thicker called Liv. If we wet it and condition it looks like really tight (smaller than a pencil) ringlets. I have been needing to find something to deal with frizz though so it doesn't lose shape in four hours :(

Plus at this point it's too short to put in a ponytail or afro puffs and she rips barettes and everything else our of her hair
  • My babies are all biracial and honestly there is no one size fits all hair care system to follow. My son hair is basically white hair with a slight wave. My daughter has spiral curls that dry out pretty easy, but are beautiful if well maintained. And my son has similar hair to hers but a little thicker and coarser so we just keep it short. Moisturizing is important but don't get crazy with it, I HATE when people have their poor babbies heads greased up like crazy. Really with all my babies the first year their hair was still that baby fine texture with curl to it. As my daughter got older we did pigtails, and as it got longer braided it (also usually just in pigtails). Just be sure not to get lazy with brushing/combing daily cuz that is when you will get into trouble. Detangler, and I personally like Carols Daughters products:) good luck.
  • Oh and on a lazy day a spray bottle with water can be your best friend:)