maternity leave

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
When is the right time to go on maternity leave I'm debating whether to go 2 weeks before I go in or when my Dr gives me the OKAY

Comments

• My doc was mean last friday, I wanted out now at 32weeks but if it's not a medical issue he said not until week 36. I had it in my head to just work till I deliver but it's harder than I thought.
  • Im working to stay active... trying to make it to week 38. Doc said its fine for me but it really depends on your job. What do you do?
  • 36wks but I was ready weeks b4 then... also if ur job is willing to pay 4wks b4 y not go at 36wks
  • Well I Rourke in fast paced job well I have an appointment next week I need to asked because this job of mine is killing me I have so much restrictions.
  • I'm not leaving till my Dr says so or my water breaks! Stay active during pregnancy helps in labor and recovery :) you know ur body the best u will know when its time!
  • I started work in january and I am due in oct. My employer told me that you have to work there a year to even get maternity leave. She said I wont lose my job but I will prob only get one or two weeks off.
  • With my first two I worked up till I had them, with this one I'm not working
  • I walk for my job. A few miles a day. I'm already getting braxton hicks at 21 weeks (they actually started last week) and doing this job thru the summer will be horrible! Ughh..unless I get a dr note to leave early, I will only get 6 weeks paid. I'm hoping to be able to be off the entire month of August but that is 6 weeks before my due date :(
  • I worked up until I gave birth with my daughter. I was actually getting ready for work when I went into labor. Go as far as you can you'll know when your body can't take it anymore.
  • With my first child i didn't go on maternity leave until the day before my doctor was suppose to be born. She was born a week after her due date.
  • For my job 1 yr prior u can leave but knowing I would like to stay my restrictions are keeping me from doing my job