ugh.....help.

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So not only do I have a cracked pelvis...I have sciatica.. I'm in so much pain that I can bearly walk an I can't roll over or move at all when I'm laying dwn. Any ladies with this expierence that can give me a few words of advice until I start physical therapy?

Comments

• This is the 2nd pregnancy I've had it with, and it is horrible. Try using a pillow in bed between your legs and use it between them when you role over. How far along are you, they have a belt that pushes your hips together and makes it hurt less, I couldnt find one where I live and couldnt see spending the money on, but today when I couldnt roll over at all, I kinda wish I would have bought it. If your lucky enough to have jets in your tub, run one on your pelvic bone in the front, sometimes this is the only thing that helps. I heard from other women on here that they had exercises that helped, I think she was from the UK, I hope physical therapy helps, I truly feel your pain, good news is it usually goes away after the baby comes, bad news for me is my fibromialgia usually kicks in and I still cant walk afterwards! Good Luck!
  • @ammasmama thank u for ur input. I do have a huge body pillow an I use it evry night, its like the further along I get the worse its hurting. I also have a belly band that I wear. I'm only 21 weeks but I also have a cracked pelvis frm a previous accident so the pelvic an back pain is always there its jus getn worse with a growing baby. I feel for u with ur fibromialgia, my mom has it an its terrible :( . I start pt in a week so I'm hopeing things improve. thanks again for ur help :)
  • How u find out bout ur pelvis
  • I fell when I was pregnant with my daughter. (B4 I found out I was pregnant) I was on a tailgate of a truck an the truck took off an I fell off of it, I was in a extreem amount of pain an went to the er, wher I found out I was pregnant... then when I delievered my daughter it seperated even more. My pelvis "pops" when I walk an u can actually feel with ur hand when it shifts. Its terrible pain @mommyto1soontob2
  • @breewashington08 thanks, My third baby fractured my pelvis with her 15 in head, somehow it didnt have an effect on my 4th pregnancy, but my 5th and 6th have been horrible and it gets worse as you get further along.I am 39 weeks today, and you'd think I have a peg leg the way I limp around here.

I aslo have scoliosis and it pinches my sciatic nerve, it hasnt been to bad I have been seeing a chiropractor my whole pregnancy and have to say this is the only one my back hasnt killed me!

due to how bad I feel in my pregnancies this will be my last, I dont think I can physically have another, it hurts so much.

Also the belt I think is different from the belly band, my prescription said pregnancy belt for pubis separation. Maybe you can find one! My prayers are with you....
  • @ammasmama wow 6 babies! That's wonderful! I'm only on number 3. But my hubby an I love the idea of a large family. Scoliosis to :( I feel for u. My dr told me the other day that they won't reccomend me to a chiropractor so instead she said physical therapy. I'm willing to do watevr it takes tho. . I didn't know there was a difference between the belt an the band....hmm...looks like I'll b doing some online shopping soon :P .. thanks so much for your help an congrats on being 39 weeks! Not much longer an baby wil b here makin all the pain worth it!
  • @breewashington08 I stopped at 3 with my first marraige, then he left and I remarried and we are # 3. So my kids are way spaced out. They are 17,14,11,2,1, and due NOW! 39 weeks sounds great, but I am beyound miserable! I am measuring 43 weeks and she was like 9 lbs last week! I have an ultrasound Tuesday, pray she turned over, shes been face up, which is killing my back and keeping labor from happening, she needs to get that little fat head on top of that cervix and make things happen!!!
  • @ammasmama well I wish u the best of luck with labor an delievery. U prolly are miserable, but at least it almost over. I stil hav 4 more months. :)
  • Thank you, and I feel for you! Do you plan on having more kids, cause I hate to say it, but it just gets worse with each pregnancy. Sorry, thats why I have decided not to have any more. I would have considered 1 more to try and have a boy, but I really dont think I could physically do it again. I'm barely making it through this one, so glad its almost over!
  • @ammasmama we haven't really decided if we're gona hav more or not. Our 3 is gona b so close in age that if we do decide to have more it wil defintly b awhile.
  • How close are your 3 going to be, my little ones are 16 months apart and there are 17 months between these two. I am having our 3rd baby in 3 years. My older ones are spread out, 17,14,and 11, Honestly I like them closer!

I also forgot til today when I did it that you can use a heating pad on your pelvis, it does help some.
  • @ammasmama I'm havin my 3rd baby in 3 yrs also! My son wil b 3 june 6, my daughter just turned 2 on may 1st, an I'm due sept 16... my oldest 2 r 10months apart. I like them closer. Theyr best friends an great playmates.
    I've tried a heating pad, I'm jus the type that is always so hot anyway that a heating pad jus makes me hotter an irritated lol
  • I know I have the heating pad on and the fan going, just happy its not the middle of summer.

My daughters Amethyst will be 3 July 23, and Jordyn will be 2 Dec 3rd,and this one, also a girl will be here anyday now! They play and share so well together! Its more work, but more fun too!
  • @ammasmama it is more work but so worth it. My daughter has practically taught herself to go potty just by wanting to go when her brother goes. So he sits on the big potty an she sits on the potty chair. They innteract so good that its sooo funny to just watch them talk and play with eachother. I was kinda upset when I found out I was pregnant the 2nd time but now I cldnt see it ever being any other way. :)