ladies im scared :(

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I'm due in about 20 days and I'm scared I wont be able to breastfeed for some reason I don't know why but I have like Noo formula or anything should I get some just incase? I wont be able to breast feed and what kind do you all use? Or going to use

Comments

• yes i would get some just incase that what i done with my first 2, i used SMA when the came off the breast, and dont worry im sure you'll manage feeding just fine
  • I wouldn't buy formula just yet. You never know if the baby might have acid reflux or milk allergy. Try your best on nursing, but the hospital has some you can try out
  • The hospital will usually give you some
  • I always get the store brand if i have to buy my own. Its a lot cheaper. Luckily i can get WIC based on our income.
  • Yeah the girls are right! Don't buy any. At the hospital they will give u formula to give the baby and they even give u a few to take home =)
  • I would just in case especially if you do produce milk bit don't make enough the formula will help fill you baby up. Although breastmilk is the best but you don't want a hungry baby
  • Speaking of hospitals giving formula. Dump unused formula in your bag and they will keep giving you more. You can do that with diapers too.
  • I thought you weren't suppose to mix the breast with formula and do you choose wat kind at the hospital or they just give you a certain kind
  • i mix fed my 2nd as she was geting me up every hour at night, i gave her formula at 10pm which filled her up more so i got an extra few hours sleep
  • I say wait and see what happens at the hospital. If breastfeeding doesn'twork out the hospital will provide formula while you're there and send you home with samples. :)
  • Who's to say it doesn't take a few days before her milk comes in. When I had my son my milk didn't come on till the second day we were home. That means all I had was colstum for 4 days no milk he was so hungry I had to hive him formula, its better be safe then sorry. You can always return it if you don't use it
  • And the samples they send you home with last about a say lol newborn babies have a lot of feeding during the day and night
  • * a day