this is stressin me out.. answers please

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Yesterday and today I got a med. Iced latte and dunks and one of my co-workers said I'm giving my baby a caffine overdose and I'm going to kill her. -I'm 26 weeks-

This realy upset me - is is okay to drin it.

Comments

• Caffeine in moderation is fine. I have a 20oz coke everyday. Doctor told me t was fine.
  • Oh and i am 38 weeks and baby is perfectly fine.
  • Caffeine in moderation is fine tell your coworkers to shove of and not to state you with information that is untrue.
    Enjoy your iced latter hunny :)
  • Yes you're fine. Next time anyone makes a rude comment just tell them "my doctor says baby n me are just fine, thanks"
  • I think ur fine the hospital gave me coffee at an nst ppl always try to give advice but reality is we cant live in a bubble mommaz :)
  • Some people are ignorant and shouldn't speak.
  • Many drs now ok up to 200mg of caffeine a day. Some people still stay away from caffeine all together, others limit the amount. If that's the only caffeine u had all day then u should be under 200mg. Coffee u make at home usually has a lot less caffeine too.
  • You will be fine! I drink about 1 soda most days and at least 1 cup of coffee in the morning. I did the same with my son and he came out perfectly healthy.
  • Your co-workers are ignorant. Tell then to mind their own.
  • I think your baby will be okay. My Dr said its okay to have some caffeine. Just to keep it limited. I have one can of coke a day and I think they say up to 250mg of caffeine a day is still safe.
  • Does your coworker have any kids or a computer? Go tell her that her doctor wouldve told her that up to 200mg a day of caffeine is perfectly fine while pregnant, and that she can go ahead and look that up ANYWHERE on the internet.
  • Yeeeesh its not like ur drinking 10cups of it a day! Xx
  • Tell her its your baby and your body and you'll do with it as you please!!
  • @lilbun915 she has two kids. She drank soda when she was pregnant but today the story changed to " half a soda and lasted the whole day." It just upset me to hear. I'm gonig to "kill" my baby.

And to boot were teachers. Infant and toddler teachers. She's the director.
  • Get another one and pour it over her head then tell her your baby's making you do it with all the crazy hormones lol
  • haha @newmommy817, read the post I just started! I'll talk to her! And guess what, I'm a residency doc so I'm right and she's wrong. Suck it co-worker!