Ideas for where to have babyshower? Grrrr

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
My mom is throwing the shower but we live almost two hours away from eachother. I have decided it would be best to have the shower where I live because that is where majority of mines and BDs friends & family live. But we dont really have a house to throw it at, I have continuously suggested we have it at a park around me but my mom is being a little A hole and doesnt seem to want to do that. She keeps acting like thats not good enough, but then stresses me out that we dont have a location for the party...I dont see why its such a big deal...Its starting to piss me off.

Comments

• The weather is nicer, have it at a park and do a barbque.
  • Some community centers will rent with only a deposit.
  • Well, in her defense, it would suck to plan the party at a park and then have it rain, lol. Is there a restaurant with a large group area you can use, or a church or community center you can rent? Or if one of your friends lives in an apartment complex, they usually have a clubhouse you can rent, the one at my old complex was only $75.
  • I'm having mine at the park (: I'm excied cutsey if my son gets bored he can go play on the play ground!
  • @YNVTish I know thats what Im saying!!!! I would love to do it outside, so the kids can run and play & all that. I know it may be a little hot but whatever, the summers summer, it aint going nowhere!!! lol
  • @laura536 Yes you are right :) Thats why I needed others points of view here lol I just honestly don't think that would ever happen in August where I live. Its called the High Desert in California..Known for dirt & heat haha ( Now watch it does happen to rain that day lmao)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @inloveee ... If you do it early or later you should be okay.
  • Lol, I'm in Ohio and it's been raining here for like a month, that's the only reason I thought of it!
  • @laura536 LOL send some of it over here! I wish it would rain here!!! hehe :)
  • @homebirthadvocate Are you going to have a lot of people there? I am thinking we may have 50 people and I dont know how to set it up or even if there are things the park wont let us do. I was even thinking of getting a jumphouse for the kids who come but Im not sure if you can have one of those at the park...hmmm
  • I'm having mine in a hotel conference room. It's a little pricey, but I didn't have much choice.
  • @homebirthadvocate thanks. I didnt even know they had a name for that. I too am having a all around party, girls, guys, babies :)
  • I had mine at a restaurant, we had 45 people and the restaurant didn't charge for the room use, only the food.
  • @sosmommy I wish I could do that, but I am too poor to pay for all those peoples meals lmao
  • @homebirthadvocate that sounds like lots of fun!!