Belly button ring?

edited May 2011 in Second Trimester
When should you take it out and can I replace it with something so it doesn't close? Anybody else have their belly button pierced?

Comments

• I have mine...I'm 18 weeks 5 days with no problems. If it starts to bother me I plan on buying the maternity navel ring.
  • I took mine out at about 4 months, when my bump got really pronounced. I didnt replace it with anything because its been pierced for about 7 years, so Im not worried about it closing up, but you can find thin, flexible fibers that move with your belly. You also shouldnt have to worry about tearing with those either, because they have a little give.
  • Im 30.2 weeks and still wearing mine.. I dont plan on takin it oout until they make me at hospital
  • 29weeks and mines still in. My doctor said I Dont have to take it out unless it becomes painful or bothersome.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I took mine out at the beginning of my 2nd trimester. I decided not to use one, but they sell maternity rings. I had had it for 10 years, it closed up immediately.
  • I kept a plastic ring in mine thru my entire first pregnancy
  • I have mine done n room it out on mothers day.... first time in six yrs!!! :( it feels weird not havin it but it needed to come out. If it bugs u take it out if not then leave it n u should be fine. U can ask ur doc to be sure mine just started to get uncomfy I'm 27 weeks
  • I took mine out around the 4 month when I started showing and around the 7 month I tried to put it back in just to make sure my hole wasn't closed literally a week later I got this huge black ring around my stomach well around the belly button area but it just looks soo bad I hope it goes away after the baby gets here but I doubt it :(
  • edited May 2011
    I have mines pierced my doctor told me i dont have to take it out unless it bothers me. the only time i have to take it out is for ultrasound.. bt they hve maternity belly ring. If mine bothers me ill jst take it out I've had it 2 yrs it shouldn't close bt im going to look into the maternity rings m 20w5d
  • 26w6d and mine is still in. However, the skin feels a little thin so I am considering getting another one. I've had mine for 9 years.
  • I have my belly pierced my bf made me take it out at 3m cause he was scared it was goin to hurt the baby so I did .. but I had it for a long time its still open and I have the top and bottom pierced... which both are still open
  • @jodimama I didn't get a ring around it, but got this dark brown dot/bruise indentation where the little ball was, guess I was laying on it. Decided to take it out in hopes that it can go away. It's still there :(
  • Yeah I want to keep mine in as long as possible. I never heard of the maternity ring...where do you get those?
  • I'm 28w today n mine been out for about 2w now I found this really cute site for maternity belly rings wish I could tell
  • U but I jus looked it up on google but they weren't more then $20
  • I'm 22 w and took it out about a month ago to clean the ring and forgot to put it back in. Put it in for work a few days ago and it kept getting bumped against especially with people touching my belly. So I just took it out. Its been pierced for 8 years so I doubt it will ever close >_<
  • Ok I will google it and find one..thanks
  • Pregnancypiercings.com. I'm 18+3 and haven't taken mine out but bought one so I can eventually take it out.
  • I took mine out at some point with my son, lol. At that time, it had been pierced for about 4 years. I put it back in temporarily after he was born, but didn't like my newly striped tummy so I just took it back out. Oddly enough, I got curious about a month ago and pushed one back through. I was shocked that it was still pierced! Of course, it will have to come back out, but I have no fear of it closing as I went ringless for 4 years. lol
  • i took mine out at 7 months my dr said i should.. um.. i seen someone actually get a streatch mark coming off of it cause she didnt take it out in time.. im just going to get it redone.. dont care that it closed.. belly bottons got to go back normal first .. lol
  • I took mine out very early and I'm 7 1/2 months and mineis still open I can still put my ring in.