lemons

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Hello ladies....so im 12 weeks preggo and ive been craving a lot of fruit with lots of lemon so my question is...does having too much lemon affect my baby?

Comments

• Oh i was the same way and I dont think so, my dr didnt say it was bad. I know it can give you heart burn from the acidic so eat tums too lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah i heard about the heart burn part i just wanted to make sure it didnt affect the baby i just had some mango with tons of lemon and i started to worry lol
  • lemon with cucumber... mmm..
  • @lil_buggie_3 oh ok thanks i dont feel bad now :)
  • @bebita86 just had that too mmmm i cant stop eating that lol i have my fridge full with that :)
  • ru having a boy? cus i am and all through out my preg i wanted stuff with lemon and salt.. they say with boys u crave stuff like that
  • @bebita86 Oh wow congrats and well im barely 12 weeks so i dont know yet and yes im craving lots of salt and lemon i had birria for lunch and i made it into soup with all the lemon i put lol
  • ayy birria w/ a lot of limon.. omg ur making me hungry and i dont feel like cooking.. well id be interested in knowing if ur having a boy cus it would be crazy if that wives tale is true
  • As long as you aren't sucking straight lemons I don't think it's too bad. Just don't want to destroy your teeth. I've been craving citrus and citrus foods hard core lately. I want lemon in my water, lemon cake, lemon in my soda, citrus ice cream (omg orange and rainbow sorbets), and I love Chipotle for the subtle lime in the rice.
  • ooh, and I'm having a boy, too.
  • @jwigs it's prob true then.. that's crazy.. u know what's so good.. lays chips with lemon
  • Lemonade!!! I can't get enough of it. Especially raspberry lemonade.

And shrimp covered in lemon juice.
  • I love lemons.very sour and good :)
  • @bebita86 hmmm im interested in this tale lol whats it about? And yeah the birria was too good lol
    @jwigs omg this is so interesting i want to put lemon on all my meals too i wonder if i am having a boy :)
  • I've been eating lots of lemons too mmmm good! But im having a girl lol
  • All I know is I'm happy I have a lemon bundt cake at home.

Lemon is amazing. If you ever find yourself looking at a plate of food, thinking about how awesome it would be with some lemon on it, just go for it! I even squeeze some lemon into my coke sometimes (I only drink it, like, twice a week!)
  • edited May 2011
    @NovemberMommy lol the tale says that if u crave salty or savory foods ur having a boy and if u crave only sweet stuff ur having a girl
  • @chelcie Oh ok so its back to a 50/50 now lol :)
  • @bebita86 well im not into sweet stuff right now im all into sour things
  • @NovemberMommy we'll have to see if it's a boy.. u have like 8 weeks to find out i think
  • @bebita86 Yeah imma have my next ultrasound at my 20 weeks i feel like if its forever till then and i kinda want a girl but my hubby wants a boy so whatever comes its all good :)
  • no way helps with nausea too. :) mmm I want a lemon now. :( and a mango lol. A couple months ago I put lemon on everything I would sqeeze it all my fruit lol
  • And I don't crave sweet stuff much mostly pickles and lemons!
  • @samantha do you know what you are having?
    @chelcie89 hmmm that is weird lol maybe its just a tale
  • @NovemberMommy yah I think so lol
  • Mmmmmm lemons
  • Nope find out the end of the month. :)
  • I crave sour and salty stuff, but also sweet stuff. I've always had a sweet tooth tho. I'm having a boy :) so for me that old wives tale was true. Also the lick a penny one and the wedding ring on a string over my belly.
  • U ladies are teasing me! I crave home made lemon bars! Anyone have good recipes? I crave lemons like no other and im having a boy!