biracial baby! :)

NaeNae
edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I am so excited to see my baby my husband is black and native American and I am black n white I can't wait to see what they look like!!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know how you feel! I'm very Irish and my hubby is black. I can't even picture what my lill girl will look like lol
  • Awe I think all of our kids are going to be adorable!!! I'm so excited and @mamkat mime too Lmao
  • I'm 1/2 jamacain, 1/2 french,irish,and indian, and my bf is french and irish........ biracial babies usually have a black father and white mother, this ones gonna be the opposite, and I can't wait to see how beautiful it is!
  • My kids are caucasian and puertorican
  • Lol! I cannot wait to see mine both of us are a very light yellowish color so I have a feeling my baby will be bright! :)
  • Aww you will all have beautiful babies! Mix babies so precious!
  • My daughter looks white but has a little color.
  • As you can tell from my pic, im white and my hubby is black. I cannot wait to meet our little angel, he/she is going to be gorgeous and have amazing hair!!! :)
  • Im biracial and my husband is white. I wonder if my baby will look white or Hispanic
  • I'm Vietnamese & Irish. My husband is light skinned black. I can't wait to meet our beautiful baby. This is our 1st together. Edd 9/7/11
  • I've always wanted to ask....and if I offend anyone I'm sorry.

But to you women that are personally biracial while growing up did any of you feel shuned by one if not both of the races? Did you feel as if you had to choose?

I ask bc one of my biracial friends felt as if she had to choose....she hung out with black women opposed to white women. I was just always curious.
  • I'm white and native. But I'm light skinned. My boyfriend is just native and always a dark golden tan, hah. So my baby will be a halfsie. :) I imagine my baby will be similar to how I was when I was born. Lots of dark hair and tan. :p
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife
    I always hung out with natives. Depending on where I lived I was quite often shunned by white people for being native. I'm very- half looking. But small town white people saw any slight difference as a reason to discriminate, even larger cities, people have there opinions and generalizations about natives. As for natives, I was always accepted with them. Plenty of light skinned natives, if you're blood, you're blood.
  • @kitshay that's what my biracial friends always said.
  • My mom is black and my dad us white...my hubby us black....I had a harder time when I went to an all white private school than when I went to an all black public school.....I am light skinned with curly hair...prob more white features. Some assume I'm Hispanic
  • Yah....I myself being a all black American woman growing up in a mostly white school I felt more accepted than my mixed friends.
  • But now from work environment most of my friends r white....and my black friends come from more social stuff and our kids sports...don't really have problem now a/though I have a cup blacks friends who don't like mixed girls
  • edited February 2011
    @billy910 I think the few black women that don't like mixed girls is prob due to a bad experience.

Depending on the environment they was prob always told that mixed girls were prettier. I myself grew up knowing I was fine so it never phased me LOL I think all races have a certain beauty to them.
  • Yeah I think like some black women don't like to see white women wit black guys...the same stigma is growing to mixed women esp since most have white moms...since my mom is black I've always felt diff in a good way. Just wasn't the typical mix...my daddy had soul :-)
  • Im white and my husband is full on korean... Which he likes to joke about and say Im messing with his perfect pedigree. I keep telling him muts are always prettier anyways haha :) I cant wait to see what our baby looks like!
  • @newmommy_navywife I do remember some people making mean comments to me growing up. I even had a classmate tell me in kindergarten that se wouldn't play with me because I was wasn't one race or the other!
  • That's really sad bc clearly they learned that from some adult.
  • I LOVE biracial babies!! They are the cutest! I want one, haha. My husband is mexican and so am I so no luck with that, lol.
  • im chinese and my hubby is mixed chinese and indian, hope my baby looks like a fair indian rather than a dark chinese.... lol.... :-))