How do you stetilize bottles?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Idk how to... I dnt have a sterilizer so how u do it da old way?

Comments

• Boil water then put the nipples in for a couple minutes.
  • Munchkin also makes sterilization bags. They should be in the same place as bottles and nipples and such in stores like WalMart and Target. :)
  • @mom60511 do I just put nipples or also bottles? Wat bout pacifiers?

@viviya how do u use does?
  • Nuks is a definite yes. Bottles wash in hot soapy water and rinse. I am proud to hear you sterilize a lot of people don't.
  • @angiesmommy They come with instructions, but basically you fill the bag with water to the line, put in your bottles, nipples, pacis, etc. seal the bag and pop it in the microwave. You can reuse each bag up to about ten times or so. :D
  • edited May 2011
    @mom60511 Ah ok. Yes I kno I havent hear many are syerilizing. N I also kno ppl who never did. :) thanks alot.
  • Yes and pacifiers.
  • @viviya oh ok, ill look for one. :) thx.alot
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You should sterilise the bottles, teats and dummies!! In the UK we also have cold water sterilising. I don't know if you can get milton over there but you put a couple of caps in a bucket of cold water, submerge all the stuff and its sterile in 10 mins. You can leave it in there for 24 hours before changing the water x
  • I use the drop in liners so I don't sterilize the bottles.
  • Thx ladies.

@uncaffeinated_kaite here were I live I dnt have place for a dishewasher :( I would totally love to have one.

@littlenat86 so you can sterilize all da stuff with cold water too?

@mom60511 oh you use the bottle da require liners? I have 2 of does. But all of da others are the other kind.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hear the playtex that uses the drop in melt or warp a bit when boiled, so you gotta be careful if that's the kind you're using.
  • @jcmommy thx ill keep dat in mind. :) dnt want em to melt. Lol
  • Yep, bucket/container of cold water with a couple of capfuls of Milton (or similar sterilising fluid). Stuff sterile in 10 mins and lasts all day!