NEED HELP ON WHEN TO DO MY BABY SHOWER!!

edited February 2011 in Third Trimester
IM ALMOST 28 WKS PREGGO.DUE MAY 8TH! THINKIN ABOUT DOIN MY BABY SHOWER APRIL 9TH. DONT KNO IF ITS A GOOD IDEA THO.1ST PREGNANCY

Comments

• i would have in March...
  • Most people schedule their showers 2 months before their due date, but I have several friends who did theirs just one month prior to giving birth. I think it will depend on how sick you are or aren't, how mobile you still are, finances, etc. I'm due July 2nd & planning to have my shower in early May. I'm hoping this will still give me plenty of time to set up the nursery & purchase anything else I still may need.
  • Sounds like a great date
  • I say in March to so you'll have plenty of time to get the rest of the stuff you may not get at the baby shower...
  • LIKE THE END OF MARCH MAYBE??.. I HAVENT BEEN SICK MY WHOLE PREGNANCY. REALLY EXAUSTED NOW THO. BUT THAT WUD GIVE A LOT OF TIME TO SET UP, WHO KNOWS SHE MAY CUM N APRIL..THX LADIES
  • My birthday is april 9th its a wonderful day :)
  • I heard it was always a month in advance, but two months is always good just in case you wind up having an early (but still term!) baby. You'll have had plenty of time to wash the clothes and prepare the nursery after the shower and before baby!
  • Yeah..end of march. My due date is june 14th and I'm having mine april 30th just so I can have time to buy the things I don't get and set everything up and be prepared for whenever he decides to come :)
  • Yea go for march! Im due may 15 and my shower is march 13. Like artistmamma said it still gives you time to get styff you get the shwoer and plus you never know when the baby might come earlier!
  • Heather... Great day! My bday.... ;-)
  • Im having mine march 26th and im due june 13th im just one to have things done early I hate stressin. N plus ill have time to get his nursey ready. Nd figure out wat else I need to buy him :)
  • A month or two is good. Mine is may 14th and I'm due June 9th.
  • I wuld do it n April...Im due June 8 wit my bby gurl n my showr iz n May. And I did my showr 1mnth n advance wen I waz preggo wit my son. But iz up 2 yu @ da end of da day.
  • I think anytime is good...some have their showers even after baby comes. I am having one on sunday and my due date is march 7. A little nervous because it is out of town and I am already 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced and having a ton of irregular contractions but it still could be weeks. The joys of the end of pregnancy!
  • Im due may 18 th and im having mine in a wk. I figured 7 months is a good time because my friends that have had them at 8 or 9 months said they were miserable and tired the entire time
  • Due july second shower sometim in april
  • I thot YOUR BBY SHWR IS SUPPOSE TO BE A SURPRISE LOL :).. UR FAMILY IS THE 1 that has to be planing it hunn
  • All I have to do is pick invites write addresses down and find out the gender lol
  • I'm due in the beginning of May & I'm having my shower on the 23 of April.
  • My inlaws planned it and i've never heard of a shower being a surprise
  • Im due may 9th with my little girl. Family is planning a shower sometime in march. I had a shower with my first born after he was born though. Its really what you want though
  • My bday is may 8th :) congrats on your little one and i would say end of march :)
  • Some people do have surprise showers but they can be hard to pull off.
  • Im due may 1 & my baby shower is scheduled for march 20th
  • My first son wuz due June 7th @ first..den after my 3rd sonogram..May 30 den finally scheduled a csection June 23...i developed preaclampsia! Any hoo...i wuz on bed rest from a lil ova 30 weeks til 39 weeks (June 3). Which dey performed an emergency one. I had my bby shower April 25th 09. && boy am i glad i did?! Lol. It gives yu plenty of time to get wat yu need more of && get da nursery situated && wateva else may need to b done...its betta den doin things @ da last min cus yu NEVA kno when da bby will come or wat will happen. Gud luck!!
  • I didn't have a shower with my first 3 kids, but my 4th my sister in law threw us a co-ed one. I had it August 17th, went into the hospital August 25th, had an emergency c-section 10hrs later on the 26th at 35wks. I developed H1N1 which turned into pneumonia& was in a medically induced coma for 8wks. So, from my personal stand point, I saw at least 6wks early :) plus you get so tired in the last month, have so much to do, can deliver at any time so it helps to have it done&not rushing just in case. You'll be stressed&running crazy for the next 18yrs, try to make the end of your pregnancy as calm& unrushed as possible. Good luck
  • My babe is due tom. I had my shower a month ago. a month n half to 2 months is prolly best. Ppl tend to buy clothes they think are cute n in that season, u dont want alot of newborn clothes for winter when ur having a spring baby. find a way to put in your invite, ur registry info, n gift reciepts wanted. some babies r born wearing 0-3, not newborn. Believe me I wish I said in my invitation gift reciepts welcome. I had like 60 ppl to come. I got alot of duplicates. N no reciept made it harder than it had to be to return things. Cuz I was stuck guessing where a item came from.
  • Plus special ed family members buying clothes for a certain season that did not match up with the age
  • Bbys grow sooo fast. Alot of da newborn stuff i bought my son he wore once && dat wuz it. I had a pamper gift bby shower where yur guests bring a pack of pampers && a gift. I also printed out lil lists of gift ideas && wat wuz much needed!! My bby is due in august. .i live in fla so its gona b hott. But ima hav to turn around && buy winter clothes. Lol. Gud luck!!
  • The doc may give us a due date but they have thier own timers. I think two months gives you time to do everything and get everything else. And just in case ur lil comes early ur not a** out with nothing. Im having twins my due date is aug. 13th (40 weeks) but the goal is to get me to 36 weeks and they can come as early as 28 weeks. So I have already started buying. And besides having two of everything wont hurt!