Just blah and so not in the mood

edited May 2011 in Baby showers
So I had my shower in the begining of april and it was great I got a ton of clothes and had a great time but my mother( who I cant stand refused to come) so im now 38 weeks 4 days and shes throwing me a shower I wobt know any one there and im sick I really dont want to go and I dont know what to do I know itll upset her but I dont care about that she has never been there for me in my life and I dont want her to try now I just feel obligated to go and dunno y but im seriously not up for it :(

Comments

• That's shame! You do have to go, though. Maybe you'll get some cool stuff. Did she share your registry info?
  • That sucks! I'm with @blueberrysmom though, you may get more things you really need and its a one time thing. If you start to feel bad, is leaving early a possibility? Don't stress yourself & remember the less you have to buy out of pocket, the more you'll have for baby later ;-)
  • @bluebwrrysmom and @tishj330 I am here and shes high :( this woman makes me hate her so much im gonna try to make the best of it though maybe ill get some stuff I needed who knows but im never doing this again
  • That's hard hun, your mom is trying in her mind. You are seeing the same old behavior which you detest about her. Enjoy what you get, and if she makes you really uncomfortable pretend your having severe braxton hicks and excuse yourself.
  • She's high?!? Wtf...
  • Well it was a disaster she was mean to my son (hes 7) and called him an asshole then she made a scene with my aunt not ever gonna happen again @blueberrysmom ya she was high shes such a waste
  • Wow. I'm sorry!
  • All in all I got a lot of nice clothes but my son was rlly hurt idk I cant take much more or this woman she has major issues and im gonna have to walk away
  • @adfennell83, I'm so sorry hun! I'm just seeing this. I hate that you had to endure that! High?!? At the baby shower you're throwing for your daughter?!? Who does that?!? Oh and then call your 7 yr old grandson an asshole? Wow! She's a piece of work. Now that you're done with that nonsense, steer clear. She's got problems that you shouldn't feel compelled to fix. Enjoy your baby and keep that nut away from your family. Geez! What a mother!
  • @tishj330 shes never been an active part of my life she picked drugs over me before I was old enough to walk my son hasnt seen her in 6 months and he wont again for a looong time im done she has pushed me to far it just sucks cause my dad isnt around much either so my babies suffer but at least my dad isnt doin what she is ugh I feel bad for my kiddos n wish my mother would straighten up :( im 27 and she acts like the child blah I should have stayed home