A word to all the expecting moms! (very long! but just need you ladies to know)

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I just want to let you know first off the information and entertainment from this app helped me through a VERY difficult pregnancy. I just want to say a word too you ladies and a little advice from what I went through during my pregnancy and delivery!

First off I was sick the ENTIRE time I was pregnant. Constant morning sickness fatigue and moodiness made it impossible to be the same person I was before I was pregnant! Now that its over Im back to the same old me so IT DOES END! Keep your heads up ladies! You may be sick and puking and dealing with a dickhead boss boyfriend MIL or friend along with barely sleeping because of having to get up and pee every 5 mins along with the worse backache ever BUT there is a light at the end of the tunnel no matter what, even if it is 9 months from now.

Trust your instincts ladies, never let a doctor tell you something is not wrong when you KNOW there is. The reason I say this is my doctor was watching me for preclampsia, but not very close and definatly did not do all the testing available.

Mind you I had been very sick and I think they might have thought I was over exaggerating my symptoms. YET when I decided to go into the hospital for labor pains one night ( thought it was the real deal but was not ) they checked my blood pressure and did all of the testing available to make sure nothing was wrong.

I ended up having HELPP syndrome which is a form of preclampsia. THANK GOD they had caught it, it causes strokes and liver failure and they have to induce labor immediatly!! My nurse told me if I was at 36 weeks they would have been getting the baby out that day.... very scary situation, ended up passing out during an epidural blood pressure dropped to 56/30 and only to rise to regular after 5 shots of afedran. Nurses on call were coming in to just see my case. It was scary and they told me they almost lost me. TRUST YOUR GUT AND GET A SECOND OPINION!!

My son was born perfect! I truly am lucky, but I had to spend 4 extra days in the hospital and wasnt able to hold my son for almost 2 days. This is not to scare you but to make you aware of the risk of not speaking up. I love my son and I have almost forgot the hell I went through this last 39 weeks, but I was told to avoid having anymore children due to the complications :( so one and done! I pray for all of you ladies to have an amazing pregnancy and birth experience! It will be over eventually and the finished product will make you believe in love at first sight :X Jaxson Marcus 7lbs 4 oz 20 inches long born May 9th, the best thing in the world that has ever happened to me and you soon will have the same feelings as I do! LOVE YOU ALL LADIES

Comments

• Sorry you had to go through that. Im glad you and your little man pulled through.
  • @angelsmommy - thank you dear, its all worth it in the end would never have it any different now... makes you a stronger person
  • Wow that's scary! when my sil was in labor with my nephew she knew there was something wrong and the nurses just kept saying you don't understand the pain cuz its your first time. And finally they listened to her cuz she started hemorrhaging! The placenta was tearing the uterus and she almost died : (
    now I am a Ftm so im really scared that something like this is gonna happen. Im glad you and your little guy are fine :)
  • Congrats hun, my friend experienced what u did and almost died, they didnt spot ers until she thought she was going into labour. She couldnt hold her son for 2 weeks cos he was so ill, and she also was sick the whole 9 months so thats defo a sign to get checked!
  • @tinkergal - I was a FTM also so they didnt take me as serious, had a momment were i told the nurse I HAD to push! she said no you dont your not even close she checked me i was at 7 cm, then i called her in the room about 5 mins later and said i was going to push if she liked it or not! she said there is no way your ready just hold on, i MADE her check me and i was fully dialted and ready to go! started pushing right away! trust your new motherly instincts
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @natalie_uk im glad they are ok! its just trusting what you know and not doubting yourself and having a great doctor who will listen!
  • @TricesBaby ... thank you... they said there is really no way to really know WHY it happens and the onset is very fast but there is always signs to watch for. I really would like more kids but adoption is def the choice I will make :)
  • edited May 2011
    Aww thts great hun, theres so many babies out there needing good mums like u! Some peope do make me sick tho. A friend of a friend is preggers with her 5th child even tho her first 3 have been taken of her cos she couldbt be bother with them n just want to party n drink, those women shoud have there womb removed , they dont desevere to pop one out one after the other! Sorry for the rant! Good luck hun :-)
  • ;) oh I love being a mom thats for sure! And babies are fun to make lol def.want more but if I do it will be years! @jtmom98