Question about Drinking (not about alcohol)

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I'm a few days shy of being 14 weeks and had a few questions. First, are any of you soon to be mommies drinking as much water as the doctor recommend? Because I'm having a hard time but of course am keeping hydrated. And second, is it bad to drink soda? I only drink cafffeine free and not all the time but my husband insists its bad for the babies skin.

Comments

• I drink soda more than water.. if its there, imma drinkin it. But I do still drink water.
  • Never heard that about skin. And as long as u drink more water than anything its fine
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't drink as much water as I should. I've also never heard of soda effecting the babys skin...
  • Soda isn't errible its just sugary. Diet is bad tho cuz of asperthame I drink caffine free regular when I get a craving. I crave ice water all the time tho, an I like to put bottles of gatorade in the freezer an drink them when ther slushie yuuuum :)
  • I don't drink near the water they tell me to. I work in a production setting and with me being sick so often if I add the twice an hour pee fest. . . I timed it it takes me 9-11 min each trip. I'm already on write up good chance I'm going to loose my stupid job over my crappy bladder
  • Im pretty sure im drinking close to if not more than what they tell me. I keep a water bottle with me at all times. Im more likely to drink the proper amount if its already in my hand or at arms reach all day. Although I do have a weakness for rootbeer and orange soda....or any fountain soda!!
  • I'm not a big fan of drinking water, but when I do drink it I add a pack of wylchers light to give it flavor.
  • That's no good @beaded_bunny! I think it's illegal for them to fire you for using the bathroom too much. I don't know though maybe you'll want to look into it.
  • Thanks ladies. I thought I was the only one. I'm trying to drink at least 1 liter of water a day & then just juices or whatever since they say any fluids count towards the amount.

@3rdandlast4me What are wylchers? What store do you get them from.

@beaded_bunny She's right you can't get fired or your company shouldn't fire you over that. I would look into it.
  • I craved coke and Pepsi with my first two hardly drank water. There skin is perfect, they are perfect. And this one I crave mt.dew and sprite. And ice water but only like twelve ounces of water s day. I need to drink more, but why change my diet when I have ate this same way with my first two and they are fine and I am fine. Lol, do what you feel Like hun in my opinion.
  • @countrymamaof2stb3 Thank you. You're right. Im going to drink whatever I can and try not to stress as long as I stay hydrated.
    I'm really trying to drink water but some days I only want soda!!!!!