Anyone ever took Plan B??

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
How do you know if it worked... Most ppl say that if you get your cycle within a week or within its normal time then it worked... I got my cycle within a week and had unsafe sex again the day after it went off... I had a regular 5 day cylce medium flow like usual... But on the 6 day i had unsafe sex and here i am pregnant... Will anyone else share there experience with plan b or next choice...and yes i took it bright and early the next morning within 12 hours of unsafe sex...i asked the nurse abt it after she confirmed my pregnancy but she just basically brushed it off and based my due date off of my lmp like not counting the week of my cycle but the next week counted as 1 But wen i got my u/s my due date was a week more like the week of my cycle...but frm ultrasounds it says im due between the 14th and 20th of aug...input plzzzz anyone

Comments

• Don't know never took it. If i didnt want to get pregnant i had safe sex.
  • Im absolutely thrilled abt my pregnancy my asking was for other reasons... I ws actually on bc for years my dr took me off for awhile becus of medical reasons
    but after that my bf and i have never had safe sex... Maybe once or twice out of the 4 years weve been together and i nvr got pregnant.. I guess this time i felt it cmn bcuz the plan was to get bc that following friday but i ddnt mke my appointment bcuz i was still on my cycle and den after dumping him i decided to have sex once more... And i gt a suprise
  • i went threw something simular. with your comment not your actual post.

i was like after i have my period this cycle im ganna get on birthcontrol. & i ended up not getting my period cuz i was pregnant. we were like SHIT too late for birthcontrol now.
    & we werent using condoms cuz im VERY allergic to allll types, unless its the female kind which are unconfotableeee.
  • @babymamma18 i nvr even expected that i was pregnant... I only took the test to be sure that the plan b worked... Lol it worked alrite... It made me extra fertile
  • It sounds like it didn't work. The only time I took it was when I started getting my cycle back from being on depo so I don't really know much about it. Either u were already prego or got prego right after. Either way that baby is meant to be :)
  • @proudmomma Idk either but i think if it ddnt work id be a full month further than what i am...
  • I have taken it before but as I recall it only works for the time before u take it I always took my bc n used protection or he pulled out I never had a problem with it. I didn't take it this time n I'm glad I didn't. My first ultrasound was a week off too they based it off my lmp but it was only two days n super light not normal for me at all I'm usually 7 to 10 days n heavy lucky me right lol my doctor guessed I'm due on Aug 9th but my ultrasound said the 4th not to far off but still makes me wonder how accurate they r bring
  • @mommakk88 i think it worked for the time before as well becus either way my u/s showed that it was after that... Lol i forgt i had unsafe sex again like two days frm the day i took it... But i honestly ddnt thnk that i wud get preg. Especially after so many years
  • @paitentlywaiting anytime u have that much unprotected sex that often its bond to happen studies show it takes a couple on average a yr to get preg of course that's not the case all the time but my point is u never know so its better to be safe then sorry unless u r tryin
  • edited May 2011
    Me and my partner was trying for agesss then every month id get my cycle and cry my heart out my partner said maybe we should stop thinking about a baby whice we did and within 3months i was pregnant we never onced used protection but 18minths later here we are nearly 4months yaaaaaay !
  • edited May 2011
    @mommakk88 any other time wuda been fine with me but this time i dumped him and decided it was time to move on but ended up seein him for da last time.. lol just my luck... He is and has been thrilled about this whole pregnancy the first few months i ws depressed but now im.excited so its cool... I still love him alot but after the baby comes im hoping to move on as planned
  • Lol we tried before but i got smart and decided that wouldnt be best so i got bc... And he use to snatch it off everytime he saw it or fuss abt it... He's a jerk and a control freak... Its like i really cant even stand the sight of him since ive ben preg. Sad
  • It said on the box u shouldnt have unprotected sex for 14 days after taking it cuz u r more fertile lol..
  • @Mandielynne wen i got curious i looked online and dats the first thing i read which is wat made me test... I was actually suspecting my cycle at the end of that week becuz i had all of the signs that it was comin and indeed i was pregnant.. i was hurt at first becuz the nurse mentioned everything but that.. But i did have my cycle after taking it u/s suggested that i gt preg rite after
  • I'm confused why take it and than after have unprotected sex?
  • What is it? I've never heard if it
  • edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mummynumber3 plan b is an abortion pill n @patientlywaiting u must take the pill with in 72 hrs of unprotected sex n it doesn't work if ur already pregnant so I'm not sure wen u conceived but it is normal to come on ur menstrual during the first month but they are jus about 99% effective
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    Lol @pooh22 deff not an abortion pill. Commercial even says so.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm wit @mommy_of_adriana

i used plan b & it wrkd.. BUT Wwhy wud u tak it then hav unprotected sex again if yu wasn't tryna b pregnant?? thts lik a waste of $.. tht one pill was $50 for us @ walmart

the pill IS effective as far as preventing the egg frm being fertilized..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    @mama_kat Plan B is one pill that has a higher dose of levonorgestrel, a hormone found in many birth control. Plan B works similar to bc to prevent pregnancy, and will not affect an existing pregnancy.
  • @new_mommy9_21 @mommy_of_adriana i got it at the clinic...for free But yea it was a stupid move i was jus unaware of the consequences... But i wont say y i took it.. It doesnt even matter at this point
  • I took it and am now 17 weeks pregnant. Guess Plan A was meant to be and I'm so happy! :)
  • exactlyy! sooo enjoyy yur pregnancy! !
    \:D/
  • @excitedforoctober lmfao that's so cute!!!
  • I took it many times before this time I got pregnant and it worked, maybe I became immune to it lol
  • Ohhh.. here we call it emergency contraception