Can i eat that?

edited February 2011 in Health
I'm 25 weeks pregnant due 27th May... I'm eating fine, but I want to eat everything I can't/shouldn't... can I eat cottage cheese? Can I eat nuts? What can i eat?!?!

Comments

• You can eat cottage cheese and nuts those are good for you
  • Ooooooh good I've been dying to tuck into some cottage cheese, why do people say its not best to eat nuts then? And is cottage cheese not a Scot cheese?
  • Cuz they are in the food groups you need. Idk this is my first pregnancy but I have a list of nutritiion things to eat when pregnant and low fat cottage chees is on it and so is nuts
  • The only reason u shouldn't eat nuts is if there is a history of peanut or nut allergy on either side baby could develope the allergy I guess? Its just what I've been told.
  • I eat peanuts like theres no tomorrow lol also i love cottage cheese although i dnt eat low fat..
  • I have severe nut allergies in my family and I still ate nuts during this and my last pregnancy, my daughter is fine and hopefully my son is too. And I don't eat low fat cottage cheese either but sometimes I add tomatoes or peaches to it yum, I haven't been able to eat any because I developed a lactose intolerance with this pregnancy, it sucks...
  • I thought cottage cheese was a soft cheese? This is my first baby so I'm trying to go by the books when it comes to eating!!! Yeah I think I've got a slight lactose intolerance. Bummer
  • You're not Supposed to eat soft cheese such as feta & blue cheese! They might have some bacteria in it
  • Most soft cheeses used n us are pasturized anyhow...so unless u getting from imported sources ur most likely ok mamma
  • edited February 2011
    It's ok to eat nuts x
  • I was told it was ok to eat nuts, I held off eating them until I could ask my midwife. Within an hour of speaking with her, I was tucking into a big bag of pistachios.
  • This is my first pregnancy,where do I go to find out what I should eat?
  • Just Google foods to avoid during pregnancy
  • Just make sure meat and eggs r cooked and juices and dairy r pasteurized. No heavy mercury fish. Google it! There is all sorts of info out there.
  • So I know my Dr said absolutely no sushi, but does a California roll count?? Lol I've been craving one forever!!! Like maybe I can add a tempura shrimp into it as well since that's cooked! Haha
  • We had a discuss bout sushi...Japanese people eat it thruought their pregnancy...its just a matter of getting good quality....cooked is perfectly ok but again u want it made at a clean place cuz they don't sanitizes knives or prep area in bt diff fish
  • Now would you consider imitation crab meat a cooked item? I know most Japanese women eat Sushi w no problems but I take into account that they've been eating sushi for generations. Their stomachs might be made for it! Lol I'm going to listen to my doc about the no raw stuff just in case something were to happen my bf can't blame me! But I wonder if the crab is ok...
  • I'd heat it up to be safe, its technically fish I'd Google it and see if its on the mercury list as well.
  • Imitation crab meat is fine... its really cooked cod fish with artifical flavoring... California rolls are a safe sushi to eat as long as they are prepared properly. :)
  • Oh thank goodness!! There's hope for me yet! I might just make it through this pregnancy!! Lol thanks a bunch I'm going for some tmrw! Yay \:D/
  • Lol... I'm with you there! Just don't go crazy!!! :D
  • The vegetarian roll is really good, too. Crunchy and has pickled something. Oh god, now I NEED some.
  • Ahaha... yeah, thinking about California rolls got me going, too, and I JUST got home from the store!!! :)
  • Ahhhh this is good stuff, cottage cheese and a bag of nuts were first on my shopping list today!!!
  • My bf wouldn't let me eat sushi for my bday even if I had cooked rolls, but tonight my best friend is coming up and taking me out so I'm definitely getting some eel rolls tonight
  • Lol wow sounds like you guys LOVE a bot of sushi!!!!