changes in teeth?

edited May 2011 in Health
Anyone else have a black stain starting to appear on their teeth a little? I just recently got them cleaned and they didn't say anything looked bad and I don't have any cavities. I brush and floss everyday, mouth wash and everything I just can't figure it out. Anyone else having anything like this? I have read the changes in bacteria in your mouth during pregnancy cab cause things but not sure whats going on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just started using the new crest pro health @uncaffeinated_Kate
  • I'll have to ditch it. Thanks. I thought it was strange it was coming out of no where. @uncaffeinated_katie
  • @mscheyla I have a black stain on my front bottom tooth but I think mines is a cavity though :-t I dont have a dentist and I tried calling some offices but they refuse to touch a preggo. Boo
  • @uncaffeinated_katie I had seen the little note but didn't think that would happen. At least someone else has experienced it.

@lolasbabynum1 they do cleaning and check up. And to get a filling I don't see why that would bother the baby its just in your gums, I would call and schedule a cleaning don't even mention the cavity. I got mine cleaned at 6 mo.
  • @LolasBabyNum1 - that's really odd. I just went to the dentist and they just contacted my ob for permission. I didn't have xrays or anything done, though.
  • I'm new with all of this.. but I've always heard that if you're not getting enough calcium when you're pregnant, your body will take it from your teeth.
  • @lolasbabynum1 I just had to get a not from my ob saying it was safe, I had an xray done, they just puy double lead vests ovrr me and had a cleaning and filling at 6mos. Shouldn't be a problem! They would rather you get it checked than risk infection :)
  • @alva_crept I asked my dentist about that at my appointment and its a myth. Decalcifucation is white spots but the baby can't take it from your teeth. My mom had me worried about that lol
  • @mscheyla well thanks for letting me know.. I've been making sure to drink a big glass of milk a day and big glasses of oj w/calcium. Nice to know I can back off some lol!!!